Around The NFL - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2021, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 13, 2021, 08:35:14 PMno decent person agrees with this.....stop falling into their trap
its who he is....in his living room in his garage in his locker room

Come on, dude.  Your critical thinking skills are suspect from time to time.  All decent people agree with it.  He was clearly exposed by the NFL. 

Both of the following are true:

The NFL targeted Gruden in a media hit job, leaking information damaging to him deliberately.
Gruden wrote racist, sexist, anti-gay, emails at work to other NFL people at work, etc.

Let me put it another way:  Noting that Gruden was thrown under the bus does not mean you defend him. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

hes a pos human being who got found out

no one did a hit job on him unless you are saying hes a great human who the nfl made up shtein about

this coming from the biggest nfl hater in the world

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

pretty much this....what george floyd was for black men, this is for white men. all of them know their emails contain far worse and this is a it could happen to me moment.

https://twitter.com/RobertKlemko/status/1448403499952316421
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Putting his emails out there exposed him. Whether that was done by someone who wanted him exposed and dealt with for being a POS or whether it was done as a "hey look over here!" distraction while other transgressions of varying severities were swept under the rug I don't know.

I do know that it's suspicious in the grand scheme because out of 650k emails I don't believe what Jon Gruden said was the worst of it. And what he said was disgusting and hurtful to his targets and for people like his targets. It's also an affront to society and decent people who want to move beyond racism and other -ism's.

The NFL offered him up as a sacrifice. And the others who were investigated skate free. Owners protect their own. Protecting "the shield". Mark Davis didn't even have the balls to address the media. He made others answer for him.

Roger Goodell, the owners and others who make gobs of money will not be taken down. Unless the cabal of billionaires wants one of them out.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 13, 2021, 09:15:00 PM
hes a pos human being who got found out

No.  He got outed.  His exposure was not the result of journalistic investigation.  Someone in the NFL handed it over. 

It does not absolve him of responsibility, but there's a difference worth noting.

The little one was thrown to the wolves while the big ones were protected.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 13, 2021, 10:10:28 PMMark Davis didn't even have the balls to address the media. He made others answer for him.

There's no love on Park Ave for Mark Davis.  I don't think he engendered any fresh warming of their relations by telling the press (paraphrasing) 'I don't know anything more than you do; talk to the NFL, they know everything about it."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

farg all this political shtein.  GO JAGUARS!!

Eagaholic

Also, hopefully the Raiders should be in a tail spin after all this shtein.

ice grillin you

QuoteIf Troy Aikman returned to football and won 140 consecutive games, his career record would still be worse than Tom Brady's.

ice grillin you

damn wentz looks good today

ice grillin you

the ravens have a ridiculous 16 players on the IR

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Calvin Ridley is stepping away from football.

He missed a couple games with personal issues and today he announced he needs time away for mental health issues

PhillyPhreak54

Derrick Henry likely done for the year with a broken foot

Jameis likely has a torn ACL and MCL

Rome

Horse collar bullshtein on Winston.  Probably cost him $100M.  I have no love for the farging Saints but the next time they play the Bucs, Brady should exit the field in an ambulance.

SD

Defender grabbed him under the nameplate. If Winston doesn't go down awkward it would be considered an extremely petty call. Definitely don't blame White. Nobody's paying Winston $100 million. He's barely a starter.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1454921420748828673 20