The "what the farg is right with this world" thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 27, 2015, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

It's just the first piece of a new section of border wall their building, nothing to see.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Diomedes

QB Eagles

I guess it was too much to ask for people to leave something cool alone.

PhillyPhreak54

Zanshin

Just thought this was a crazy story-- but a nice one. A mutual fan of Jackson Browne's and (my son) Jake's reached out the other day and wanted to give Jake a nameless guitar. Jake doesn't know it yet, but Mike Campbell from the Heartbreakers and Fleetwood Mac just shipped Jake one of his guitars, so that's what I thought this big package was-- but it wasn't (That's still en route, and will be very special to Jake, no doubt). It turns out this was simply just a fan who felt that this guitar already belonged to Jake... we had no idea what it actually was. Jake initially declined, but the fan was insistent and Jake promised to give the guitar a good and productive home and pay it forward in a charity gig, assuming it would probably be some lower-end guitar. The guitar arrived overnight, and it turned out to be the Jackson Browne Signature Gibson Model A-- an $8,000 custom built guitar at the Gibson Master shop. If Jake could have picked any Gibson, it would have been that one, incredibly. The only thing the guy wanted in return was for Jake to cover These Days. The pickup for the guitar needs some special cables which are shipping separately-- so Jake took it out of the box, tuned it up, and mic'd the straight room for the first time to fulfill the fan's request. That's some SERIOUS generosity right there.....

These Days on the mic'd Jackson Browne acoustic:

https://www.facebook.com/JakeThistleMusic/videos/271642358068086

General_Failure

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Holy crap that's awesome!

Jake is going places, GT. It's been cool to watch his ascension.

MDS

when he starts playing an arena or stadium show in philly (or the east coast), i expect backstage passes

we are all on the ground floor of this kid
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

ha that's crazy and awesome. Still remember when you were posting vids of a much younger jthistle.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds