Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

why would I ever watch something like that on YouTube when I can dvr it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

there is no difference between youtube and tv
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah there literally is...YouTube doesn't have dvr or last channel or the ability to switch to a hundred other channels in a half second

General_Failure

He's got a point there. There's no way to pause or rewind youtube.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i meant the actual act of watching this 40 year old basketball game...not the youtube vs tv

if you just want to watch an old game there is no point waiting for it to come on your geezer cable channel

ice grillin you

because when I watch it I'll probably do it while watching a live game or games of some sort and want to be able to seamlessly move btwn the different games

even if I was only watching that game  I much rather do it on dvr as it's so much more user friendly moving around and they something on cable than YouTube

Geowhizzer

Notes Philly fan expert Trevor Plouffe... he played all of seven games in Philadelphia.

https://twitter.com/RoseRotation/status/1471559463601590280

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Flyers game at 1, Sixers at 7:30.

It is pretty amazing how quickly the WFC folks can tear down the ice and lay the parquet.

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1487573556510826497

ice grillin you

It's not that amazing and has been happening for 50 years

you are amazed at Twitter

ice grillin you

#1 or #2 overall picks all basically within a years time....just incredible

ben - 2016
wentz - 2016
fultz - 2017
patrick - 2017
moniak - 2016

ice grillin you

I think about this a lot but if you take out nfl championships which you really can't even tho I do the city has 7 titles in like 350 seasons played...it's absolutely preposterous

MDS

the phillies history is always tops for me

-have existed since 1883
-have 2 prolonged stretches of success (late 70s-80s and 00s)
-have 3 random good years (15, 50, 93)
-stunk every other year

MDS

thurs
phillies 1
sixers 7
eagles picks ~9

complete disaster looming