Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I skipped Facebook entirely.

But I luv me sum Google.  So I'm trying Google+ on for size.

Anyone else? 

What do you think?

I'm having a good time divvying everyone I know into different groups and giving them all names.   I can't wait for my "Friends 2" circle of people to find out they didn't make the cut for "Friends."

I think I'll go make a :CF circle now. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

lurking wierdo

MDS

ill be in a cf circle jerk

can we do that?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

^^^

the only two people I have on ignore

jesus christ my life sucks
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on July 18, 2011, 04:36:09 PM
^^^

the only two people I have on ignore

jesus christ my life sucks

0% chance you ignore me

your hot topic t-shirt and skinny jeans are desperate for attention
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I also skipped Facebook. Not sure if I'll give Google+ a shot, but I'm a little curious about it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I'm on an Android phone and I use gmail and their calendar for everything.  And Picasa.  It feels like part of the suite.  The ease of setting groups of people is cool.

I'm just not sure I care to maintain the page and if I actually want to read everything other people "share" with me.  Might be good to just stay out altogether, I don't know.

DH

someone explain  to me what google + is..

Diomedes

Google's most recent attempt at making a social networking site.  They've tried and failed like 4 times already.

It's currently being tested.

hbionic

The moment I go on facebook is the moment everyone stops using it.

Realisticaly, the only social media outlet I subscribe to is CF.

How can Facebook and google compete with CF. Really.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on July 18, 2011, 04:43:47 PM
I'm on an Android phone and I use gmail and their calendar for everything.  And Picasa.  It feels like part of the suite.  The ease of setting groups of people is cool.

I've been using Google Music on my laptop and phone. More convenient than swapping my memory card around all the time.

The man. The myth. The legend.

BigEd76

Haven't seen any selling points for Google+ that make me wanna test it out yet.  Maybe the grouping of friends, but you can do that on Facebook anyway...

PhillyGirl

Not feeling Google+ much either. I don't get the appeal whatsoever.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 18, 2011, 06:59:26 PM
Not feeling Google+ much either. I don't get the appeal whatsoever.

Doesn't bring enough new to the table to take over for Facebook in any significant way.

Munson

Its basically trying to combine facebook and twitter with skype/stickam. a little too in depth for my liking. i want my social networking sites to be easy and quick
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds