Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

K'Von is not good.

If the non season ending injuries are gonna come, let it be now. Team is in a great position to coast into January.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Goedert and Tui to IR

Linval signed and Tyree Jackson activated from PUP

SD

Definitely on board with this just because of the attitude he brings

https://twitter.com/jayglazer/status/1593312462886957056 46&t=v6_Fd-dkt7GflwJPl8zqvg

Eagaholic

Looking forward in December to Gannon's 5 man front of Cox-Suh-Davis-Joseph-Hagrave having some success stopping the short yardage run.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

HA!  The producer looks like Kirk Hammett from Metallica.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Currently pick 7, if Pittsburgh wins tonight pick 6.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Just want to point out how strange it is to be past Week 12 and to not have an anointed WR we are constantly bitching about. Might be a CF first.

Diomedes

What's the biggest complaint that could be made?

Special teams is thoroughly bad.
Robert Quinn hasn't done anything.
Kyzir White is underwhelming.

That's all I got.

on the other side:

Wentz long gone for ludicously low cost/high value returned.
Jordan Mailata, alone a miracle.
Hurts, another miracle.
Coach who adjusts scheme to players and plan to game, tough and proud and loyal to his players..a perfect Philly fit.
AJ, CGJ, Bradberry all balling out....
Rookie DT of the future in pocket...his temp replacements Suh and Joseph getting it done....
Graham and Kelce and Cox the core of a team that believes....
injury God has spared them so far...
likely top five pick in next year's draft and don't need a QB
oh yeah, lost only one game...

it's f'n unbelievable
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Special teams to me is WAY worse than Quinn or White. It's the only complaint that rises to the "this will definitely cost us" level. Gannon doesn't inspire a ton of confidence either, but so far it's a minor complaint. The team keeps it simple on both offense and defense. Probably need to install a bit more complexity and misdirection for a deep playoff run. The coaches are very likely aware of that, but not blowing their wad against the likes of the Packers while they have a commanding hold on the 1 seed.

Not only do they have a rookie DT of the future in pocket, but a rookie C of the future too.

Don Ho

Great call Dio!

ST is a dumpster fire.  They basically don't exist.
Quinn?  WTF happened there???
White has been in the Witness Protection Program, but I actually saw him make a key tackle against Green Bay, first in, well I can't recall.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on November 29, 2022, 07:56:13 AM
What's the biggest complaint that could be made?

Special teams is thoroughly bad.
Robert Quinn hasn't done anything.
Kyzir White is underwhelming.

That's all I got.

on the other side:

Wentz long gone for ludicously low cost/high value returned.
Jordan Mailata, alone a miracle.
Hurts, another miracle.
Coach who adjusts scheme to players and plan to game, tough and proud and loyal to his players..a perfect Philly fit.
AJ, CGJ, Bradberry all balling out....
Rookie DT of the future in pocket...his temp replacements Suh and Joseph getting it done....
Graham and Kelce and Cox the core of a team that believes....
injury God has spared them so far...
likely top five pick in next year's draft and don't need a QB
oh yeah, lost only one game...

it's f'n unbelievable
I think Kyzir has been pretty decent in coverage but, like the rest of the D, definitely has a room for improvement tackling. Elliott has been decent but yeah, ST in general has been puke.

Quinn sucks but maybe he is saving his wadd for the playoffs. Graham, Kelce and Cox are cornerstones but probably are all gone after next year. I hope Kelce doesn't get too distracted from the upcoming playoff run with building his brand.

Injury gods be damned. We need Maddox, Davis, CJGJ, Goedert et al back asap. Get well soon Lane, and AJ so you stop fumbling.

Mailata has really fallen off this year. Seth Joyner says he has a lingering shoulder injury and does a hop set, and we'll know when he's really back when he can do a full kick out slide step (which I saw last game). OLine guru Paul Alexander, who has a weekly spot with Kirwan on Siruis/XM, says he explodes too hard at the snap and then has a moment where he isn't completely set, and good DLinemen will eat that up. As soon as they bring me in as Special Consultant to Offensive Line under Jeff Stoutland, I'll let you all know for sure.