Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

BG is 100% back

brooks not sure. but with the cap going up even if its a dead money hit it wont preclude them from doing some stuff this offseason. of course they likely will need to figure out, ya know, the franchise qb. so whatever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Jack Anderson OL from Texas Tech was signed off the Bills PS

Dick Rod is back - signed to the PS

phattymatty

probably old news but I did not know that nnamdi asomugha is a broadway actor.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on September 26, 2021, 10:22:49 PM
probably old news but I did not know that nnamdi asomugha is a broadway actor.

Had no idea either but when I put his name in google it popped up as "American actor". Apparently he was in FNL season 4 premier too

Diomedes

Shady retiring.  Signing a one day deal to retire as an Eagle.  Was really hoping he'd do that as a Buffalo Bill because he's a real life piece of shtein and farg him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

He's the franchise's all time leading rusher. Long history of dumb and jerky behavior, but there'd be a lot fewer members of the Eagles Hall of Fame if that was a disqualifier.

phattymatty

I still love the story if him whispering "shady" to people as he ran by them in practice. 

I also had no idea he was a zesty person.  I'm just gonna play dumb and not look that up.

Diomedes

It's a disqualifier for the Diomedes' Eagles Hall of Fame. 

Reggie didn't make the cut because he was a bigoted magic worshipper.
Jerome because he killed his nephew acting the fool.

it's a small group.  Shady won't be joining.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Are the overly religious also disqualified? I'll weep for Tebow and Dawkins if they are.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

The Fox29 pregame show for the Thursday night game against Tampa and the GOAT is going to be filmed live at my Uncle's place. Pretty cool, too bad the game is going to be terrible lol
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on September 30, 2021, 01:38:30 PM
It's a disqualifier for the Diomedes' Eagles Hall of Fame. 

Reggie didn't make the cut because he was a bigoted magic worshipper.
Jerome because he killed his nephew acting the fool.

it's a small group.  Shady won't be joining.

Who graces the walls of Dio's Eagles HOF?

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2021, 04:37:08 PM
A lot of zesty football on display other than the Eagles

Gonna sound an optimistic note on the Birds. The Eagles are 1-3 without another likely win in sight and have still managed to exceed my expectations. I thought they would be a consensus bottom three team, but there's so much competition at the bottom. Time will tell, but by the eye test, there are a handful of worse teams.

The same can be said about Hurts. He's been bad but I'm not a believer and expected even worse. My enjoyment of the games has been way higher than if they were getting these same results running back Wentz and Doug. It's new and there's still room for plenty of upside. They can run Hurts out there again next year if there's not a QB prospect they really like, and focus on improving the positions they can.

Another silver lining is the massive amount of dumb and costly (and somewhat comical) mistakes. If that reverts to the mean even a little bit the Eagles will steal some games. Smith, Gainwell, Goedert, Quez, Sweat, Mailata (when he's out there) look like young pieces that could be good for a while. Dickerson and Milton Williams looking okay for their first games too. It's not all shtein out there.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree with your summation.

There are some silver linings. It'll be interesting to see if Sirianni can bring it all together.

The depressing part is knowing Howie isn't going anywhere. He's at the wheel for another draft with a shtein ton of picks and the pressure to not farg it up.

Also I hate zone defenses. Hate. Even more so when the DC refuses to bring pressure, to adjust or to put guys in position to make plays.

QB Eagles

My feelings about Sirianni are similar to Hurts. I'm not really buying what he's selling, but he has some time to prove otherwise. He looks as dumb as Doug over on the sideline (I think he had about 4 highlighters attached to his visor today) and at the podium, but I'm pretty sure he has more neurons firing than Doug when it comes to designing an offense that fits his players.

Not as cuddly as Doug either. He seems to be as frustrated with Dillard and Barnett as the fanbase is, and with Reagor when he was slacking off at camp. He was pissed off this whole game. Guys having limited talent is one thing, but poor effort and critical mental fargups should get roasted by their coach.