Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Pele died yesterday

SD

Conflicts with Sixers game tonight but was gonna stream the Union on my phone. Are they only available to watch on Apple TV mls pass? I thought they'd play on a local channel. I have Apple TV but I'm not shelling out $100 to watch soccer.

ice grillin you

pay me a hundy to watch tonight and i wouldnt....also didnt mls just end or is it that traumatizing to me that it seems like it's a 12 month sport?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its a very long season because they need to incorporate breaks for world cup, open cup, champions league and some other shtein. about 6 years ago the day after the final the next league year opened up and there were immediate transactions.

the games tonight are free on appletv. i dont believe thatll last for long. most game content is going to be paywalled there. theyre still going to have weekly national games and playoff games on regular tv. its an interesting idea. the league is getting a lot of money from apple, and its not like a ton of people watch the games on tv anyway. other leagues and college conferences are going to be looking at this model to see if it works.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

WTF is Portland wearing today?

So psyched!  Heading to LA for two Phillies/Dodgers games May 1 & 2.  Going to see LAFC/Houston on April 29.  Boys only trip!  Sorry Mama Don.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

moved our trip to leave Monday so get we get to see the Union and LAFC in the CONCACAF Champions League on Tuesday night and bums at Chavez Ravine Wednesday afternoon. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

One of the craziest games I have ever seen.  Liverpool scored 3 times in the first 15 minutes against Spurs.  Total domination.  Somehow Spurs fought all the way back to 3-3 before they surrendered the lead in the last gasp of extra time. 

Hate both teams but holy shtein that was cool to watch. 

Don Ho

At Union game in LA.  Place is electric. Union suck

Rome

Rome

Messi is coming to Inter Miami MLS.  Wow. 

So just for giggles I checked Orlando's tickets for the game against them in September.  Walk in price is $275. 

The Union on June 21 starts at $14.   

Amazing. 

PhillyPhreak54

He turned down $1.6B from the Bonesaw Kingdom too

MDS

hes going to be able to own an mls team which down the line might get there, the average team is worth over $500m and inter miami is above that. in a few decades, he could sell it and make that back -- without having to live in gross desert heat/muslim oppression and instead being a fabulously rich dude in friggin miami

easy call
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Absolutely.

And he gets a cut of the MLS package fees on Apple since he's going to have a ton of people signing up

Rome

He has maybe two good years left, if that.  The MLS is a pasture league, but that's ok.  It will never be anything other that, but goddamn it's going to be cool to see him playing in America for however long he lasts. 

He's an icon and I was thrilled for him when he won the World Cup.