Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Would be a good story but I can't imagine Ukraine gets that fourth spot. The play-in games against Scotland (and Wales if they beat Scotland) probably won't happen, and even if they somehow get in, the Ukrainian state could be a Russian puppet regime by the time the WC kicks off.

MDS

on thanksgiving day there will be soccer games at 5am, 8am, 11am, 2 pm and football games 1230, 430 and 800

usa/england on black friday either at 11 or 2 (no way they get an early spot)

over. load.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm still astounded they're having the biggest worldwide tournament in a place where being gay is actually illegal.  Not demonstrating or advocating for LGBTQ's... I mean it is literally outlawed and Muslims are subject to death just for being gay. 

FIFA is beyond disgusting for myriad reasons, but this sort of shtein is just barbaric. 

ice grillin you

it's a sport where fans regularly throw bananas at black players and you are surprised at where the WC is being held? 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

There's racist iceholes in every fan base in every sport.  I'm talking about the actual ruling body that controls the game now, not the drooling tribal fargwits who think it's "funny" to make monkey noises or sing anti-gay chants at games. 

MDS

fifa makes the ncaa and nfl look like the splc
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on April 02, 2022, 06:07:52 PM
fifa makes the ncaa and nfl look like the splc

Exactly right.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah FIFA is way ahead of the NCAA

Both are horrid tho

Diomedes

Olympic committee says Hi!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on April 02, 2022, 10:32:40 PM
Olympic committee says Hi!

ioc got nothing on fifa brah

Rome

Philly got selected.  Will host WC games in 2026.   Reason to live confirmed!

PhillyPhreak54

Houston too.

I'm going so I can experience a WC

SD

Quote from: Rome on June 16, 2022, 06:05:36 PM
Philly got selected.  Will host WC games in 2026.   Reason to live confirmed!

I'd go only if havas will go with me

PhillyPhreak54

If Havas goes to a WC game we all go

MDS

i think the lower tier games wont be too bad on the secondary market, theres going to be a bunch of games in each location with 48 teams, so philly will surely have something like cameroon-north korea that wont have a huge demand. any bigger game with usa, mexico, brazil, etc. will probably be upwards of 300-400 if not more