Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I actually agree with you but my hypocrisy only extends as far as it takes to get to the nearest gas station. 

Diomedes

Lousy analogy..it's not like you're choosing the blood gas over the not-blood gas.

Or is the PGA murdering motherfargers, and I missed that?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Far be it from me to defend golf, but I'm thinking a large percentage of athletes in any sport would follow the money. What distinguishes the PGA from other leagues is that it was small enough to be poached. When other leagues were similarly sized we had the USFL and ABA doing exactly that. And it's a rare soccer player who accepts less money to play in his national top flight league over whatever international one is coughing up the most dough.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2022, 01:21:57 PM
I actually agree with you but my hypocrisy only extends as far as it takes to get to the nearest gas station. 

I haven't checked the numbers in a while but the US uses less Saudi oil than you might expect, given our government's bipartisan fealty to the House of Saud. I think California uses a lot of Saudi oil but in most of the rest of the country it's actually a small amount. Willing to be fact checked on this if someone has the numbers.

Rome

Dio is fine with gays being beheaded so long as they're also golfers.

Diomedes

One chooses golf.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Touché. 

🏳️‍🌈

MDS

true fact is most of these guys if not all of them are happy with authoritarianism and in fact were happy with an american citizen getting chopped up

golfers are grotesque maga chuds, its revolting
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

It has been fun as an outsider to watch the golf world politics and this thing Greg Norman and Mickelson are doing with Saudi money.

Sally Jenkins shines:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/12/st-andrews-open-greg-norman-liv-tour/

PhillyPhreak54

I loved Tigers comments today about it.

Usually he's guarded and not really definitive in his answers to the press but he was today.

Don Ho

Correct, good job by Tiger.  Loved it.

Never liked Norman.  His whole shark hunter BS was nauseating, yeah hunting sharks from the back of a yacht tossing chum like Quint from Jaws then picking then off like shooting fish in a barrel. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Wait, what?  He kills sharks for sport?  Like, with a gun?

phattymatty

I had no idea Greg Norman was still alive.

Rome

Norman is a colossal piece of shtein.  Most golfers are selfish entitled pricks but that guy is the worst.

Diomedes

Does he or does he not actually chum the water and then shoot sharks with a gun?