The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

The wife had  TWC on and they were going over Tweets... One was from "Holidill from Baltimore- I wish tornados had names like hurricanes as in "Tornado Omar comin'" lol
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

definitely the funniest thing i've seen since the hurricane in august on TWC.  Considering that's the last time i watched twc.  Hopefully someone recorded it. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

This just in... It's beautiful out here.  Probably the last nice day we'll have till October.

PhillyPhreak54

Newsflash;

It is summertime. Its hot.

I don't understand the constant posting of how hot it is on Facebook or in conversations with people.

OMG its gonna be 104 today!

People were griping about the heat all week and my response was that we live in farging Houston what do they expect?!

MDS

this is the hottest its felt to me since ive been down here

and it aint that muggy humid shtein yall got. this be straight powerful heat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

It's going to be hotter in the Northeast than in Southern Florida all of the next 10 days. 

Of course, this is when I'll be traveling north...

Munson

99 degrees tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

We caught a pretty impressive thunderstorm last night.  70+ mph winds.  Lights out, trees down, trash in the road (not counting the Baltimore natives).
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Took until 6am yesterday to get power back.  We lost multiple trees, but luckily avoided damage to our vehicles and house.  I'd say easily intensity wise this storm was worse than Hurricane Irene last year. 

ice grillin you

hbionic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 29, 2012, 12:10:57 AM
Newsflash;

It is summertime. Its hot.

I don't understand the constant posting of how hot it is on Facebook or in conversations with people.

OMG its gonna be 104 today!

People were griping about the heat all week and my response was that we live in farging Houston what do they expect?!

If the planet were run by monkeys, this would make sense and we'd never hear about the weather again...but it's us human motherfargers and we have some programmed bullshtein in our DNA that has been passed on that when something happened to humanity in the past that affected us, we tend to remember, and the internet is a way to let everyone else know we remember that sometime 100,000 plus years ago, it was hot one summer...and since then, we can't stop talking about it.

*Humanity maybe millions of years older than that, but I just chose that round number.

Otherwise, farg people talking about the heat and the cold.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

and climate change took millions of years to happen in the past...now its taking decades

and im not sure our country isnt filled with apes or at best neanderthals

ice grillin you

its august in the northeast and i have my ac off and my deck door open....cant hate

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2012, 09:19:40 PM
its august in the northeast and i have my ac off and my deck door open....cant hate

Unless it goes above 95 I don't throw my air on. I have a decent fan that cools me off and there's a nice breeze that shoots through my house. AC is bad for the environment, aside from Dio I'm sure you Earth lovers who cry about Global Warming every chance you get run yours whenever you break a sweat.