The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 16, 2021, 09:58:33 PM
Total leadership failure in Texas.  This is from the (now former) mayor of Colorado City, Texas.  Holy shtein.

Took the image from this link.

Hobbes and Locke are somewhere hearing about this shteinhead and wondering why people are asking to go back to State of Nature hundreds of years later.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I got halfway through before I realized it wasn't parody.

Poe's law.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 17, 2021, 01:31:00 AM
This thread is funny.

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1361778280521605122 21

easily the funniest line in there....

"he's disappeared to the mountains to evade fema and child support bailiffs"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

presumably he's sitting there shivering, ranting about libs while he sucks down cold beefaroni. what a life.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

He's right.

It's a god damn third world disaster here.

We stopped by Kroger on the way home from getting my gf from work. We were about 30th in line. When we left there were about 100.

No meat, dairy, deli, frozen food, produce...all thrown away or cordoned off. Because they lost power so it's deemed unsafe.

No water and about out of paper products. We already had a lot of water but since there's a boil water directive we wanted to see if we could get more. We ended up grabbing a lot of the SmartWater/Evian/fancy shtein singles.

In a lot of parts of the city there still no power so no stores are open. All fast food places minus a few are closed. And the few that are the lines are 50+ deep.

A real farging shtein show. And the more I read about ERCOT and their failure with the grid the angrier I get. Lowlife scumbags.

General_Failure

Have you considered crossing the border and claiming asylum?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on February 17, 2021, 08:25:03 PM

Can't.  Mexico built a wall and is making Trump pay for it.

MDS

j anything stopping you from getting over to louisiana or something? you have the means im guessing so you can just bail for a few days.

i once stayed in a motel in baton rouge and ordered dominoes in one of the lowest moments of my life...so feel free to top that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on February 17, 2021, 08:25:03 PM

Haha that's funny. But Geo is right...no Gringos allowed.

Diomedes

Of all places in Texas, on a highway is not where I'd want to be.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on February 17, 2021, 09:14:16 PM
j anything stopping you from getting over to louisiana or something? you have the means im guessing so you can just bail for a few days.

i once stayed in a motel in baton rouge and ordered dominoes in one of the lowest moments of my life...so feel free to top that

We talked about it tbh. Either there or Beaumont where her friend still lives. But since power came back we aren't as desperate. Had we continued down that road we would've likely bolted. But until this afternoon the roads were impossible to drive on.

I took her to work this morning and had a few pucker moments on some bridges. But thankfully wasn't too bad. Area hilbillies in their trucks going too fast bc they think 4x4 means no problem.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Power went out again. farging hell.

MDS

lol j come and crash here....one day drive. i got a couch for ya

though dio would be quicker
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.