The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

On a rewatch, just finished season 4. As far as comedy goes season 4 takes the cake. Surprising since Mcnulty's barely in it

Carver: What the hell'd you say to him?
Herc: I said, "Mr. Mayor, that's a good, strong dick you got there, and I see you know how to use it"

Namond: Yo Snoop your sister in my class
Snoop: stillupfront's mom, you high or something?

Namonds mom: why you ain't at school
Namond: ain't no school today
Namonds mom: why it one of those Jew holidays

Delonda is a walking comedy routine.

Haven't watched season 5 in forever but I'm dug in so starting once March madness settles down

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Season 5 was really subpar but they stuck the landing with the finale montage.

SD

SD

We own this city - Solid debut, foundation laying episode

Poot/Marlo as cops is gonna take some getting used to. Slim playing a middle aged dad feels off. Perfect casting Bernthal for the role he's playing.

SD

Nice to see Dukie off the needle and wearing a badge

MDS

dukie and marlo as cops talking to marla daniels as an auntie from round the way...this show messes with your mind

herc the union prez. donut the author. santy was a lawyer in episode 2. i am loving these cameos.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Premiered 20 years ago today.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 02, 2022, 08:53:44 AM
Premiered 20 years ago today.

I've seen better ones on YouTube but hbo put out a 20 quotes for 20 years video

https://youtu.be/tlL53WbHZzY

PhillyPhreak54

https://fb.watch/dqdYqz_bo_/

Method Man is doing a Wire Podcast

MDS

i love the wire as much as anyone but i dont know what else is there to say on the show...everything that happened has been reported and every frame of the show has been dissected

maybe im crabby but like i dont know whats left here

General_Failure

Congratulations, The Wire fans. You've reached the level of obsessive nerdom previously reserved for sci-fi fans. Who are you dressing up as when you go to WireCon?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on June 05, 2022, 09:40:10 AM
Congratulations, The Wire fans. You've reached the level of obsessive nerdom previously reserved for sci-fi fans. Who are you dressing up as when you go to WireCon?

Igy - Frank Sobotka
Todd - Pryz
Jay - Bunk or Herc
Matty - Weebay

MDS

matty can totally pull off blackface