Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Motherfarging ditches.  Been digging and filling them for two weeks. 

I need a kitchen renovation job or I'll waste away before my next birthday.

It's hot down here.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Climate Change Erodes the Ozone Layer Too

Article seems a little propagandistic, but probably true enough for me to grow out my hair to 80s glam rock legend length just so I can use Aquanet

SD

QuoteBy DAVID ROSE
PUBLISHED: 16:42 EST, 13 October 2012 | UPDATED: 20:21 EST, 13 October 2012

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz29NCU7eN3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.
The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.
This means that the 'plateau' or 'pause' in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Decades of consistent scientific research, thousands of studies and 100s of thousands of research hours undone by one graph. I'll bet science feels pretty foolish right now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

That graph doesn't factor in historical context. I bet you could find plenty of 15 year snapshots where the temperature swing is 5 degrees (or whatever swing would be considered significant).

SD

The Earth is 4.6 Billion years old I'm sure the weather has never fluctuated at any point.

rjs246

None of these things were ever taken into account by the people researching the subject. How embarrassing for them that you were able to crack the code.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on October 16, 2012, 09:18:44 AM
None of these things were ever taken into account by the people researching the subject. How embarrassing for them that you were able to crack the code.

They were alive 4 Billion years ago? People can't even predict tomorrows weather accurately and you think they know what the weather was like a million years ago?

rjs246

Studying the evidence of something that has already happened is slightly different than trying to predict the immediate future. Slightly.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on October 16, 2012, 09:40:15 AM
Studying the evidence of something that has already happened is slightly different than trying to predict the immediate future. Slightly.

So you're saying Jesus existed?

Sgt PSN

Jesus almost certainy existed. It's his life story that I have a hard time buying into.

ice grillin you

is jesus the one that flew up to heaven or was that god?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Studying the history of Jesus' life/existence isn't the same as treating the Bible like a historical document and creating several dogmatic branches of superstitious religion out of them. Terrible analogy.

Regardless, I'm just having fun poking the bear. Your insistence on denying established scientific fact is entertainment enough to get me through most days.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Whatever I can do to help

If you get bored with this subject we can move on to women or pissing on toilet seats