Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I'm not increasing the birthrate of our species. So... uh. Yeah.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Ok, so just because people overreacted in the 80's to HIV/AIDS, doesn't mean that HIV/AIDS weren't real and didn't need to be addressed. Same thing here. Obviously there are a lot of idiots out there who take global warming to the extreme.  But that doesn't make it any less real.

Tomahawk

I agree with Yeti. Restricting the amount of punks the breeders are allowed to birth would significantly help.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2012, 09:31:20 AM

High five?

phattymatty

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 01, 2012, 09:15:08 AM
even if global warming were literally a hoax....wouldnt it still be smart to limit how much we pollute the air...just in general

Yes, it's a great idea and everyone should be good custodians of the planet.

MDS

We could always breathe toxic fumes. Then you could drive that hummer and use 25 plastic bags when you go food shopping.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on August 01, 2012, 01:18:03 PM
and use 25 plastic bags when you go food shopping.

Now that I've got 2 dogs, I stopped using the re-usable grocery bags and now I have everything double bagged in plastic. 

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2012, 09:31:20 AM

You would make a fantastic lawyer.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

The power outage in India has a lot to do with policy that has allowed growth of demand to outstrip supply, but it also has been exacerbated by climate change:  the rains which have always been relied upon to quench the fields have not come, and as a result, the farmers have resorted to irrigation powered by electric pumps.  Had the rains come, the pumps would not have placed such a strain on the already over-taxed system. 

These are not surprising phenomena.  This is the new reality.  Deny we caused it all you like, it's happening.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Glad you are doing so much about it from your computer screen in your middle class home, hipster douche
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I'll bet you ten pesos he's not using any of India's electricity.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

I'll bet you 50 Aussie dollars he moves on tomorrow to whatever problem the village voice tells him to care about

General_Failure

I'd be in real trouble if that problem is a lack of ditches.

The man. The myth. The legend.