Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/Felsenthal-Files/June-2012/Chicagos-Heartland-Institute-and-its-Unabomber-Billboards/

Quotethe thinking behind the global warming ad, which was to be followed by ads featuring Charles Manson and Osama bin Laden, among others. Lakely writes, "...what these murderers and madmen have said differs very little from what spokespersons for the United Nations, journalists for the `mainstream' media, and liberal politicians say about global warming.

rjs246

I would love to see this response:
QuoteJefferey Dahmer believed in God. Do you?

Or this:
QuoteAdolf Hitler believed in God. Do you?

And on and on and on...

Basically that billboard is saying, "a bad guy believes in a scientific fact which therefore invalidates that scientific fact". shtein like this makes my head hurt. People are farging idiots.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

shorebird

It's not global warming anymore, it's climate change. Get it right.

rjs246

The Unabomber still believes in gravity. Do you?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

All the discussion lately has been politics. I'll swing at the underhand pitch when there's nothing else going on.

ice grillin you

QuoteIGY believes in the eagles

Do you?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on June 15, 2012, 02:45:23 PM

LOL.  Thing that's hilarious about it to me is that Kaczynski is a farging academic genius.  Obviously he was a bit off his rocker in his approach to dealing with the gov't and Corporate America, but that doesn't make him any less intelligent.  Graduated HS at 15, graduated from Harvard at age 20, I think he got a PhD in some form of Mathematics from Michigan or Minnesota as well and was a professor at Berkley in his mid-20's.  He's basically Albert Einstein with a mean streak and one of the worst examples to use to try and prove that global warming isn't real. 

Then again, I imagine that most people aren't aware of his academic achievements and just think he was some crazy guy who made a lot of bombs.  So maybe that ad is brilliant after all since it prays on American ignorance. 

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

I belive in od'ing on prescription meds while staying at the olsens penthouse
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

General_Failure

That's probably not how he got those scars.

Munson

I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you...stranger
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 15, 2012, 03:47:36 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on June 15, 2012, 02:45:23 PM

LOL.  Thing that's hilarious about it to me is that Kaczynski is a farging academic genius.  Obviously he was a bit off his rocker in his approach to dealing with the gov't and Corporate America, but that doesn't make him any less intelligent.  Graduated HS at 15, graduated from Harvard at age 20, I think he got a PhD in some form of Mathematics from Michigan or Minnesota as well and was a professor at Berkley in his mid-20's.  He's basically Albert Einstein with a mean streak and one of the worst examples to use to try and prove that global warming isn't real. 

Then again, I imagine that most people aren't aware of his academic achievements and just think he was some crazy guy who made a lot of bombs.  So maybe that ad is brilliant after all since it prays on American ignorance.

It's preys, jesusfreak