Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

"thinner people contribute less to global warming"

It's not news, it's CNN
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Phanatic

Fat people are killing the environment?   In other news zombies are taking over fat people to destroy us ALL!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

General_Failure

Ha, good luck with that. All the people left alive will think up a word that means to shamble and waddle at the same time.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

We need Snoop Dogg, he'd invent a cool word for that. Something like shavillzle wazzizle

hbionic

Quote from: shorebird on April 21, 2009, 05:36:59 PM
We need Snoop Dogg, he'd invent a cool word for that. Something like shavillzle wazzizle

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

the problem with global warming is that the truly catastrophic effects of it won't occur during the lifetime of anyone alive today.  at the current rate, we're still probably a couple hundred years away from really seeing any horrific changes to our climate.  so there's no real tangable reason for anyone to act on it now.  most people want to make sure their kids and grandkids are ok but is there really much concern beyond a 3rd or maybe 4th generation of your family?  probably not. 

and the people who are doing the most damage to the environment are also the ones making the most money from it and they obviously don't care about the world today so they damn sure aren't going to care about it 100 years from now.  as long as they die rich, they couldn't give 2 shteins about anything else. 

btw.....am i the only person that is completely fascinated by science and technology's ability to study and deduce weather patterns and temperatures from 2000+ years ago?  that is just the coolest farging thing. 

Diomedes

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015274835_snowpack09m.html

Every day the evidence mounts forcing the deniers to push their heads further into the sand.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Sgt PSN

I really don't understand why people are so strongly opposed to the global warming concept.  I mean, I get it if you don't buy off on everything that Al Gore or any of the global warming "extremists" throw out there, but to totally dismiss the theory and act as if the entire thing is made up is very narrow minded imo.  Not to mention that there is a lot of scientific data out there that supports it.  I don't get it. 

SD

FYI- calling it 'global warming' makes you appear uneducated on this subject. You see, the sheep originally called it 'global warming', then a bunch of people (normal cynical people who don't believe everything they hear) pointed out that if the Earth is warming then why is it still freezing and extremely cold in areas that are accustomed to that type of weather. So then the sheep modified it from 'global warming' to 'climate change', that way they're right regardless of the weather. Now anything that happens (freezing weather, tornadoes, heat wave, tsunami, earthquakes, wildfire, volcanoes) they can point and say these natural phenomenons are a result of the human beings. That way they cover all grounds and they're in a can't lose situation.

I've changed my light bulbs, drove a 4 cylinder truck for a decade (just upgraded to a V6), donate old clothing furniture etc. to people in need. I'm not wasteful or ignorant, I just think the whole premise of 'climate change' is garbage and I'm surprised the cynics on this board accept it as fact.

Sgt PSN

I don't really care what it's called.  Over millions of years this planet has a history of some dramatic climate changes with or without our presence.  It was hot, it froze, it warmed up again and thawed, etc, etc.  So maybe what we are experiencing is the beginning of another change that was going to happen anyway.  So what concerns me is whether or not our impact on the environment is speeding up the change that was already going to happen.  It's like life in general.  We're all going to die but the decisions we make on what we take into our bodies has an impact on how long (or short) our lives are and I think the same concept applies to our environment.  It's going to change but we can potentially impact the advancement of that change with the way we consume energy, dispose of waste and the type of toxins we put into the environment.  We can't reverse or slow down the change but our negligence can certainly speed it up.  And that's what we need to make sure we aren't doing. 

Diomedes

Gore is hardly an extremist.

SD, what's it like to be anti-science?  What made you distrust it so much?  Your ex was a biologist or something?

Rome

I'm more concerned with the population explosion than I am climate change.  The population now is unsustainable.  In 50 years it's projected to be doubled.  There isn't enough land to grow food or fresh water to sustain that type of insanity now let alone if it doubles.

Thankfully I'll be dead and gone long before then.

(Edit - the population doubling is from the U.N.'s "high" estimate.)