Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

A: Glaciers are retreating faster then any cycle we've ever seen

B: Anomalies happen all the time in nature

A: You have no scientific evidence to apply that to glaciers

B: Shut up I hate you! Stop telling me how to live prick face!!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Phanatic

President Bush ackowledges that global warming is real.

Sorry about the damn Yahoo commercial to get the the video...
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=7800623&ch=7684298&src=news

ice grillin you

people that do everything possible to deny the existence of global warming make me laugh...even if its not true why wouldnt we do everything possible to make sure it doesnt happen...or how about we do everything possible to just make the earth a cleaner place in general...

even if global warming is completely made up (and i dont think it is) as long as it forces people to treat the planet better im all for its false existence
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Usually the ones who will stop at nothing to dispel the possibility that global warming is real are the same clowns who are positive that God exists.

Munson

Quote from: Rome on May 16, 2008, 03:31:01 PM
Usually the ones who will stop at nothing to dispel the possibility that global warming is real are the same clowns who are positive that God exists.

I think Global warming is very real.
God I'm not completely sure about.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

PoopyfaceMcGee

Czech Pres. wants to debate Gore

Gore's not going to debate anyone on this, which is sad.  His argument would be so much more powerful if he would stick to the actual truth without embellishments and directly answer detractor's questions about his science.

Instead, his alarmist tactics from "An Inconvenient Truth" are going to end up derailing even the legitimate parts of his argument.

Diomedes

Cerevant

Gore is not a scientist, and he knows it.  He is a publicist, and he's very good at that job.  The real debate takes place in the scientific community, and the deniers are losing that battle.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

Quote from: Cerevant on May 28, 2008, 08:10:38 AM
The real debate takes place in the scientific community, and the deniers are losing that battle.

It's the most one-sided scientific 'argument' since Evolution vs. Creation.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Phanatic

Quote from: rjs246 on May 28, 2008, 08:31:02 AM
Quote from: Cerevant on May 28, 2008, 08:10:38 AM
The real debate takes place in the scientific community, and the deniers are losing that battle.

It's the most one-sided scientific 'argument' since Evolution vs. Creation.

HA! Awesome!

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, um... damn.

Basically, it's going up to 100 every day here for at least the next 5 days or so.