Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Hey now...leave northeastern and northwestern CT out of it...nice rural folk up there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

New Englanders must burn. (Or drown as the case may be.)
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The truth to this lies somewhere between Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh.

Diomedes

and along that spectrum, a hell of a lot closer to Gore
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Was there a "how to green your nocturnal emission" topic on there?

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 04, 2008, 08:51:06 AM
The truth to this lies somewhere between Al Gore and Rush Limbaugh.

except its not a political issue....global warming has massive bipartisan support and when you see that happening on an "issue" generally its truth
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I didn't say it was political.  The Al Gore point of view is that we are in a near-hopeless death spiral of global warming.  The Rush Limbaugh point of view is that it's all a bunch of hooey.

The real truth is in between those two extremes.  Period.

SD_Eagle5

How bout the temperature of the Earth is indeed rising but it has nothing to do with humans

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 04, 2008, 09:19:09 AM
How bout the temperature of the Earth is indeed rising but it has nothing to do with humans

That is one of the middle-road points of view.

Again, the problem is that due to popular culture and "An Inconvenient Truth", anyone that even questions the ridiculous extremes presented by some alarmists is labeled an extremist or an earth-hater right off the bat.

farging politically correct yahoos, the lot of them.

phattymatty

if SD's teacher says global warming is make believe, I don't really know how you can argue with that.

Cerevant

On one side, 1200 scientists from countries all over the world presenting peer-reviewed research.

On the other side, individuals presenting contradictory, anecdotal evidence.

Hmmm...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

There's absolutely no correlation between man and global warming. The fact that it started at the same time as the industrial revolution and man's greatest concerted effort to produce CO2 is purely coincidental. Purely.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Thanks for proving my point, all.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on April 04, 2008, 09:57:27 AM
There's absolutely no correlation between man and global warming. The fact that it started at the same time as the industrial revolution and man's greatest concerted effort to produce CO2 is purely coincidental. Purely.

The Industrial Revolution started around 1750. Weather temperatures have only been being kept for the last 100-150 years, not to mention thermometers have gotten a heck of a lot more accurate and there was no satellite data until 30-40 years ago. I'd also like to remind everyone the Earth is 4.6 Billion years old.

Quote from: phattymatty on April 04, 2008, 09:50:16 AM
if SD's teacher says global warming is make believe, I don't really know how you can argue with that.

I'd think a Professor that teaches an Environmental Conservation class knows a little more than a bunch of Eagles fans posting on CF.