Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

No, the irony is that the deniers ask what we can learn from 100 years of collected data, throw out the entire science of Geology, but show up and say "what global warning" every time there is a cold snap.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Geowhizzer

Who's denying anything?  All I said is that it's going to be darn cold down here in Sunny Naples Florida tonight.

Actually will be colder tonight than it was in Portland, Maine when I left there yesterday.

Cerevant

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 02, 2008, 09:36:12 PM
Who's denying anything?

Anyone who feels it is appropriate to post the current weather to this thread.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Cerevant on January 02, 2008, 09:39:03 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 02, 2008, 09:36:12 PM
Who's denying anything?

Anyone who feels it is appropriate to post the current weather to this thread.

Give me a break.  I responded to a post about snowflurries in Florida.  I have denied nothing.

PoopyfaceMcGee

@ GEOWHIZZER:

Hey, dumbass, they're not calling you a "denier".... they're calling me one.

Thanks.

But for serious, I've never argued the warming trend.  I continue to dissent, however, on whether or not humans have any significant effect on it.  It doesn't stop me from doing all the little things to conserve/recycle/etc in my own life, but because I don't goose-step in line with the Al Gore crowd, I'm an evil right-wing Earth hater.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 03, 2008, 08:13:09 AM
@ GEOWHIZZER:

Thanks.

It certainly seemed to me (albeit with 3 hours of sleep the night before thanks to flying home from a blizzard) that they were lumping me in with you.  And that's the last thing anyone wants.  So stuff it, denier.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 03, 2008, 08:13:09 AM
@ GEOWHIZZER:

Thanks.

It sure is cold outside today

SunMo

17 degrees this morning...global warming!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Shut up, you right wing denier fargheads!

rjs246

The real reason the Earth is warming is because I'm keeping her insulated with my testicular sack skin. Like a massive comfy cocoon.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Seabiscuit36

That theory has been out there for a while Bill, i saw a special back on Discovery or TLC in 98 maybe earlier about the earth heating up, then having a cold spot, that cold spot would be the beginning of the next ice age.  How thru time the earth goes in repetitive cycles, and that this time around, humans have only sped up the process and killed off countless species
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey there, Kimodo Dragon!  Why you got your big tail waggin'?  Your numbers are down; they're down to 5000...

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.