Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

methdeez

rjs246

You realize that we're mocking you and not trying to act tough, right? Mocking others is always funny, especially when they don't even realize it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

rjs246

Can we go back to talking about drunk and tough and awesome I am? Apathy is so hip right now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on November 14, 2007, 07:15:31 PM
Can we go back to talking about drunk and tough and awesome I am? Apathy is so hip right now.

Tough?  Don't you weigh something like 65 pounds?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 14, 2007, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 14, 2007, 02:41:04 PM
It's hip to be square.

Thanks, Huey.

Didn't IGY say Huey has massive junk?  Oh, and methdeez is hiding recyclables in his rectum.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 14, 2007, 07:45:35 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 14, 2007, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 14, 2007, 02:41:04 PM
It's hip to be square.

Thanks, Huey.

Didn't IGY say Huey has massive junk?  Oh, and methdeez is hiding recyclables in his rectum.

Now that you mention it, I do believe that Igy was posting that.  Why igy would care honestly baffled me a bit.

rjs246

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 14, 2007, 07:26:26 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on November 14, 2007, 07:15:31 PM

Tough?  Don't you weigh something like 65 pounds?

The toughest 65 pounds you'll ever see. I don't even recycle. THAT'S how tough I am.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E
That's the way, it's supposed to be
If you recycle, than so do we
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Global warming may be real, but it's not caused by humans

Before all the hippie shills come back and call this standard right-wing zealo(u)t stuff, the bottom line is that there is absolutely no consensus whatsoever that global warming is a human-caused event.  That's fact.  Everything else is conjecture.

Rome

Jessica Alba's tits are gonna be huge when she hits her third trimester.

Fact.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Actually, that's conjecture.  She and/or the baby might not even make it to the 3rd trimester.

Cerevant

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 20, 2007, 01:02:04 PM
the bottom line is that there is absolutely no consensus whatsoever that global warming is a human-caused event.  That's fact.  Everything else is conjecture.

Main Entry:
   con·sen·sus Listen to the pronunciation of consensus
Pronunciation:
   \kən-ˈsen(t)-səs\
Function:
   noun
Usage:
   often attributive
Etymology:
   Latin, from consentire
Date:

1 a: general agreement : unanimity <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports...from the border — John Hersey> b: the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned <the consensus was to go ahead>2: group solidarity in sentiment and belief

While consensus may mean unanimity, it does not necessarily mean such.
1200 scientists put their names on the IPCC report.
400 dissenting scientists are making a fuss.

I would say that the IPCC has the edge so far...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

Find ONE scientifically-peer-reviewed-and-approved report that says global warming isn't happening OR that it is happening and man definitely isn't the cause.

One.

You can't (unless there's been one published over the last 18 months) because they don't exist. Is the entire international scientific community part of a left wing conspiracy to get Al Gore elected? As things stand right now, the United States is the only country on Earth that even has educated people arguing against global warming. And how on Earth did this ever become a political argument? Oh right, oil companies. I forgot.

Let them eat bootstraps.