Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on April 24, 2007, 11:10:19 AM
That's a lot of hatred coming from you my southern rapist moneyloving internet buddy.

It's compassion.  I think it's obvious you would be a lot happier if you didn't exist.  I find it quite odd that I've suddenly also become a "rapist", although it is on the same level with being your "buddy" overall, so at least you're trying to spread your offensiveness across all angles.  It's not really working at all, but I'll give you a solid C+ for effort.

ice grillin you

It's compassion

not possible

doesnt the moniker "compassionate conservatism" say that conservatives by nature are NOT compassionate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 24, 2007, 11:17:15 AMI've suddenly also become a "rapist"

You raped that Duke stripper, and we all know it.  Rapist.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

High School student in Canada shown "An Inconvenient Truth" in 4 different classes

This is ridiculous.  Even my most admittedly liberal and/or green teachers in high school did their best to foster a healthy debate and present both sides of the argument.

Also, DiCaprio... still a douche.

So, let me get this straight... If you're rich and famous and make environmental "documentaries", we should look at the *big picture* instead of your personal energy consumption.  However, for those of us in middle class normal America, every little bit is important?

Seabiscuit36

By the way, this has been the best Spring i can remember, thanks Global Warming  :yay
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Cerevant

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Eaglez

Quote from: Cerevant on July 11, 2007, 12:23:37 PM
Sun-based "global cooling" theory blown out of the water.

That's interesting. I would like to hear a rebuttal, or see it researched more to make sure the data adds up, then it would be very compelling.

However, that still doesn't discount that about 140 years ago Earth was coming out of the Little Ice Age. When people talk about this great spike in global temperatures they ask "relative to what?". Some estimate that the Earth was coming out of its coldest period in 10,000 years 140 years ago.

Plus, global temperature increase has not been constant throughout the 20th century. It spiked in the early half, decreased in the middle part, and now we are experiencing warming. Moreover, climatologists only really have about 30 years of good data based on weather satellites that can give an accurate portrayal of global temperature variations. Other methods, like ice core samples, support the cyclical variations of warming and cooling throughout the centuries.

Eaglez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6EV61J15k

That commercial is hilarious and sad at the same time. Sad because Al Gore and Co. decided to exploit children for ideological gain but funny because of the kid that starts to bawl her eyes out over global warming. I think this production would make Goebbels blush.

rjs246

And what started 140 years ago? A little thing called The Industrial Revolution. Mass industrialization has corresponded directly with the precipitous rise in temperature...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Eaglez

True, but if that was the case you would think that global temperatures would gradually increase from the Industrial Revolution until now -- but that hasn't been the case. In fact, during WWII is when temperatures started to decrease. And then temperatures started to escalate again in the 1980s.

Plus, it is difficult to account for the Medieval Warm Period as well when man couldn't have had any impact with CO2 emissions or any other greenhouse gas.

It it difficult to take Gore and Co. seriously when all they talk about is doomsday and essentially relegating mankind back to living in mud huts and subsistence farming with his regulatory proposals and doesn't address how he accounts for what he would regard as aberrations.

That is why I think Live Earth was a failure because the rhetoric coming from him and his camp was extreme and condescending while ignoring contrary positions that are just as plausible if not more plausible than his theory.

rjs246

The 'little ice age' and the 'medieval warming' were not even remotely as severe (in either direction) as the current rise. And there wasn't global 'cooling' during WWII, the rate of global warming simply slowed down.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Cerevant

Quote from: Eaglez on July 11, 2007, 01:45:28 PM
That's interesting. I would like to hear a rebuttal, or see it researched more to make sure the data adds up, then it would be very compelling.

That's the problem I have with most of the anti-global warming crap: it is just one scientist here and there spouting off to the press.  The global report that started this thread was based on the combined research of hundreds of scientists.  The article above was based on something published in a peer-reviewed journal.  As this article points out, the global cooling bullshtein was based on conveniently ignoring the data prior to 1980 - yeah, that's great science.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.