Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cerevant

Quote from: Father Demon on April 07, 2007, 11:19:41 PM
Tomorrow I'll be mowing my lawn.

In a parka, gloves, and ski mask as it's only getting to 35 degrees or so.

Al Gore is a bitch.

I'm amused at the anti-GW crowd that says that GW is just a normal cycle, but then is quick to say "hey look, it is cold outside today - that global warming stuff must be bullshtein"
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's more normal/natural than most alarmists say.

That's not saying much, because there are seriously people in this world and on this very message board that are callous enough to believe that humans are doing most or all of the damage to the planet... and even funnier that some widespread lifestyle changes would make a lick of difference at this point.

My take is that there is a concerning trend, no matter what the cause... so as long as I'm not ridiculously inconvenienced or set aback, there's no reason to make a couple of choices that are more enviro-friendly.

Basically, I'm a realist and relatively practical, and Al Gore et al have succeeded in making people like me seem like the extremists and eco-haters.  It's laughable.

Seabiscuit36

I love the fact that i was watching the news and they said the US is the largest producer of polution.  I really just cant see that since China has no regulation.  My aunt travels to shanghi regularly and said she's never seen the sun because of all the smog
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Phanatic

Quotecallous enough to believe that humans are doing most or all of the damage to the planet

Why would that be insensitive, indifferent, or unsympathetic? ;)

It's not a stretch to think that humans are having some impact right or wrong. It is estimated that there are over 600 million motor vehicles in the world today and only the US enforces catalytic converters to curb pollution. That has to have an effect.

I like the alternative fuel kick for a lot of reasons and being green is just an added bonus, but not the main reason why the world economy should stop being oil based.

Inconveniance is coming like it or not, change or not, for lots of different reasons and Global Warming might not be the main reason. See the 70's gas lines...

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Geowhizzer

Eaglez

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 09, 2007, 11:05:41 AM
Dissenting opinion

:yay :yay

Lindzen is always fun to read. He's a highly respected scholar and it's a shame that he gets only a scintilla of exposure in comparison to what Al Gore seemingly gets on a daily basis.

He does a great job of putting the whole climate debate in proper perspective in demonstrating what we know to a reasonable certainty and what we are merely speculating on. Just a cursory evaluation of the evidence seems to point in the direction that the Earth has cycles of "above average" warming and "below average" cooling -- even though no one bothers to establish what constitutes "average".

Phanatic

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

a new low in the celebrities' "fight" for our planet's future

Crow calls for limit on loo paper

The shows include a short set from Sheryl Crow and film clips
Singer Sheryl Crow has said a ban on using too much toilet paper should be introduced to help the environment.

Crow has suggested using "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required".

SD_Eagle5

1 square? Who's she kidding? I have to bunch 6 or 7 squares up 3 or 4 times to properly clean my ass.

Seabiscuit36

Sheryl clearly doesnt get mudd butt
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

I am on a 4 roll a day habit myself
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

hbionic

Ya'll need to get one of those Euro 'ass washers' installed. There's no cleaner feeling than a toilet pissing clean water into your dirty dumper.  :paranoid
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 23, 2007, 01:51:16 PM
Sheryl clearly doesnt get mudd butt

Girls don't poop, I heard.

Quote from: hbionic on April 23, 2007, 01:54:26 PM
Ya'll need to get one of those Euro 'ass washers' installed. There's no cleaner feeling than a toilet pissing clean water into your dirty dumper.  :paranoid

It's called a "bidet", douche.

hbionic

I call it an 'Ass Washer'. It's funier.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05