Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 05, 2007, 11:14:04 AM
Quote from: Phanatic on February 05, 2007, 11:11:41 AM
Leave our sons and daughters out of it. Step one foot on American soil and we'll just bomb you indiscriminately.

That's easy to say, but 9/11 has been Bush's excuse for Iraq - and it's taken on a role of basically being anything but retaliation for 9/11 anymore.  But that's for another thread.

Retaliation was Afghanistan. Something that needed to happen.
Iraq was something else and I don't care what they sold it as. As you said. That's another subject.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Event Horizon

Quote from: Cerevant on February 05, 2007, 10:04:23 AM
Cold-warm-cold-warm-cold-warm-cold-warm-really farging hot.

Actually, the blue line is temps and the green line CO2. There's no spike in the blue line. The red line btw, doesn't mean that CO2 goes up in a straight line. The red line is compressed and represents just a few decades when the chart covers millions of years.

QuoteThough the red "anthropogenic CO¸2" line spikes straight up, this reflects the fact that the graph covers a period of more than a third of a million years; hence, the graph compresses all detail into a vertical direction. This is useful for comparing the rise and fall of carbon dioxide and global temperature over long expanses of time, and in putting the current spike in carbon dioxide in its proper long-term perspective, but it does not provide insight into the annual changes in carbon dioxide.

QuoteThe blue line designating temperature as yet records no change in response to this surge in atmospheric carbon dioxide (Rahmstorf, 2004, figure 1)

The "really farging hot" is just so much hot air.

Cerevant

Quote from: Event Horizon on February 05, 2007, 09:20:25 PM
The "really farging hot" is just so much hot air.

hyperbole - Largely synonymous with exaggeration and overstatement, hyperbole (pronounced /haɪˈpɝbəli/ or "hy-PER-buh-lee") is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated or extravagant. It may be used due to strong feelings or is used to create a strong impression and is not meant to be taken literally. It gives greater emphasis.

The point of my post was to counter the "it is just part of the cycle" BS.  No, it isn't part of the cycle - a cycle can exist, and it is quite possible to observe a significant deviation from the cycle.

No one graph or piece of data can tell the whole story.  I'm not going to spoon feed you the report - go read it yourself.  I know you would rather trust the word of one creationist, but I find the collaboration of more than 200 scientists from more than 100 countries reaching a consensus a much more credible source.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SD_Eagle5

Speaking of Global Warming, it's farging cold outside.

Event Horizon

Hyperbole is a good rhetorical tool especially when the data doesn't support your conclusion.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 05, 2007, 10:54:19 PM
Speaking of Global Warming, it's farging cold outside.

z-OMG!  Global warming is a liberal conspiracy and is not really happening at all!

methdeez

Quote from: Event Horizon on February 06, 2007, 07:54:42 AM
Jesus..blah,blah,blah...Corporatons love us...,blah,blah,blah..dinosaurs love the bible, blah,blah,blah...flat earth

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

The sun is made out of Jesus' kidneys.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

The sun is made out of Jesus' kidneys.

lol

beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger