Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Democrats are the left hand of the beast whose right hand is called Republican.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

At 9:00 PM (10:00 EST) tonight (January 31, 2007), the National Geographic channel is airing a show which will explain what's happening to the polar ice caps (I bet they're melting) and what answers as to why coral reefs provide.

Geowhizzer

Not sure if this belongs here, but it is related to the environment (and I think there was a previous discussion on this... last week?):

California may ban conventional lightbulbs by 2012

Geowhizzer

Cerevant

Scientists offered cash to dispute climate study
QuoteScientists and economists have been offered $10,000 each by a lobby group funded by one of the world's largest oil companies to undermine a major climate change report due to be published today.

QuoteClimate scientists described the move yesterday as an attempt to cast doubt over the "overwhelming scientific evidence" on global warming. "It's a desperate attempt by an organisation who wants to distort science for their own political aims," said David Viner of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia.

"The IPCC process is probably the most thorough and open review undertaken in any discipline. This undermines the confidence of the public in the scientific community and the ability of governments to take on sound scientific advice," he said.

The Report

Summary From the BBC
  • Probable temperature rise between 1.8C and 4C
  • Possible temperature rise between 1.1C and 6.4C
  • Sea level most likely to rise by 28-43cm
  • Arctic summer sea ice disappears in second half of century
  • Increase in heatwaves very likely
  • Increase in tropical storm intensity likely
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

phillymic2000

Yeah and no funding is given to the other side of this battle. The fact remains that we have had climate changes before man kind, how in the hell did we get out of the last ice age if there wasn't millions of Americans driving around in SUV's ? No one has explained how the earth came out of the last ice age without us here. It's fargin 8 degrees outside today and thats going to be the high, if it was 80 degrees I'd listen to some of the dribble pushed by the save the planet people who I'm sure have noooooooo ulterior motive just like big oil.

Diomedes

the depth of your ignorance is amazing.  please, post more.   it's hilarious.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Just what I thought you can't explain either why the earth came out of an ice age when man and our horrible gas guzzling machines weren't here.

phillymic2000

my bad I have a different opinion then you so I guess that makes me ignorant, sorry I forgot that rule.

Diomedes

Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 03, 2007, 09:43:16 AM
Just what I thought you can't explain either why the earth came out of an ice age when man and our horrible gas guzzling machines weren't here.

trying to explain something like climate change to you would be like trying to explain fractions to an ape.

phillymic2000

yep, keep on coming up with name calling instead of actual facts, continue to sell me on this global warming thing you talk of :-D

rjs246

The only 'fact' you've provided is that the Earth pulled out of the last ice age.

What that has to do with the current rate of global warming, I have no idea.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'm not gonna try to sell you anything. You're not buying.  You prefer ignorance.  Nothing I could say would convince you, no evidence would register, etc.