Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 29, 2007, 01:29:40 PMWe could leave religion out of the discussion entirely. Beginning with one basic assumption, the hydroplate theroy's (Dr. Walt Brown) subterranean water and applying only the laws of physics, many scientific questions can be answered including the one you refuse.

You mean the creationist Walt Brown?  This guy?  Ha.

I thought you were gonna leave superstition out entirely?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Cerevant

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 29, 2007, 01:29:40 PM
We could leave religion out of the discussion entirely. Beginning with one basic assumption, the hydroplate theroy's (Dr. Walt Brown)subterranean water and applying only the laws of physics, many scientific questions can be answered including the one you refuse.

There is no question that there have been a number of massive flood events around the world.  Further, a large number of religions and cultures have flood myths very similar in content to the Noah story.   I simply refute that the event described in the old testament is historical fact, and not a creative re-telling of already ancient myths.

Please grow up or go away.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Event Horizon

Quote from: Diomedes on January 29, 2007, 01:36:20 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 29, 2007, 01:29:40 PMWe could leave religion out of the discussion entirely. Beginning with one basic assumption, the hydroplate theroy's (Dr. Walt Brown) subterranean water and applying only the laws of physics, many scientific questions can be answered including the one you refuse.

You mean the creationist Walt Brown?  This guy?  Ha.

I thought you were gonna leave superstition out entirely?

That's him. You can read his book for yourself instead of just a Wiki blurb. http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/

methdeez

Flat earth society.
Had plenty of 'respectable' scientists.

Diomedes

Yeah, I'll get right on that.  Just after I finish this one about how to find the unicorns by unlocking my suppressed powers of invisibility.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on January 29, 2007, 01:50:34 PM
Just after I finish this one about how to find the unicorns by unlocking my suppressed powers of invisibility.

That's pretty much common knowledge, though.

methdeez

Duh. You just have to belive enough.

Event Horizon

Quote from: Cerevant on January 29, 2007, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 29, 2007, 01:29:40 PM
We could leave religion out of the discussion entirely. Beginning with one basic assumption, the hydroplate theroy's (Dr. Walt Brown)subterranean water and applying only the laws of physics, many scientific questions can be answered including the one you refuse.

There is no question that there have been a number of massive flood events around the world.  Further, a large number of religions and cultures have flood myths very similar in content to the Noah story.   I simply refute that the event described in the old testament is historical fact, and not a creative re-telling of already ancient myths.

Please grow up or go away.

How do you explain the universal idea of a global flood? How could so many cultures have such similar stories? Could they all have a single source? Besides, the question should be whether or not there is any evidence of a global flood. Brown describes how a global flood could have happened and predicts several findings based on his assumption. For example, based on the idea that comets, meteoroids and asteroids are from the Earth, he predicted in 2001 that Salt  would be found in erosion channels on Mars. It was confirmed in 2004.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Wait, comets, meteoroids & asteroids came from the Earth?

:-D

Oh my...

:-D  :-D

ice grillin you

if this discussion was about anything else this guy would clearly be labeled a parody poster...unfortunately being a zealout nutcase is all too real these days
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Event Horizon

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 29, 2007, 02:42:30 PM
Wait, comets, meteoroids & asteroids came from the Earth?

:-D

Oh my...

:-D  :-D

They did. Explain how living bacteria, salt crystals, chondrules, limestone, water and maybe cellulose is found in meteorites. None of these could have been produced in outer space. 

Diomedes

Tomahawk

The Earth itself was technically produced in outer space.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I still believe in a Geocentric universe.

This means I believe Geowhizzer is the center of the universe.