Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Event Horizon

Quote from: methdeez on January 26, 2007, 11:36:06 AM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 25, 2007, 08:56:55 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 25, 2007, 08:50:07 PM
200 years of those things, spread across the entire planet would be more than enough to warm the globe. But I'm sure that the slow process of heating up since the ice age just magically became more rapid over the past 200 years. Jesus is magic!

Not magic. Physics. That might appear as magic to the unwashed but that's why I'm here.
Wait, are you calling someone out for confusing science and magic?
Can we go over the dinosaurs being proof of jesus's existence again? I havn't laughed out loud yet this morning.

I don't know what you mean. I didn't say dinosaurs proved the existence of jesus.

Wingspan

Jesus killed the dinosaurs with styrofoam spears.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2007, 11:30:50 AM
What about all the little blurbs at the end?  Turn off your lights when you aren't using them.  Carpool.  Buy a hybrid car.  Or a high mileage car.  Don't let the water run.  Unplug things that draw electricity for "standby" mode.  Etc.

If a hundred million Americans made small changes like that, the affect would be massive.

Yeah, I read em. Just felt he could have emphasized some solutions a little more in the actual film. It wouldn't have been hard to cut out some of his childhood memories out to make room. Its not like I'm sitting here thinking up ways I can pitch in to help the environment, I'm ignorant to a degree but I'm not wasteful.

methdeez

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 26, 2007, 11:49:58 AM
200 years of those things, spread across the entire planet would be more than enough to warm the globe. But I'm sure that the slow process of heating up since the ice age just magically became more rapid over the past 200 years. Jesus is magic!

Not magic. Physics. That might appear as magic to the unwashed but that's why I'm here.
Can we go over the dinosaurs being proof of jesus's existence again? I havn't laughed out loud yet this morning.

I don't know what you mean. I didn't say dinosaurs proved the existence of jesus.
F U for making me go back and look for it:
"No. I think the evidence suggests that the global distribution fossils could only occur by events described in the Bible. Far from dinosaur, or any other, fossils being a trick, they corroborate the testimony of the Scripture. The fossil record is a defense"

You are a idiot.

ice grillin you

By transporting warmer water to Europe and the North Atlantic, the region's climate was significantly heated, leading to a 1,000-year-long climatic shift known as the Bølling-Allerød warm interval. Once the process of warming the North started, the main deglaciation began and the ice age ended.

that 1000 year shift happened 14,000 years ago

i want the evidence that we are NOW in a natural global warming period due to us being X amount of years away from an ice age as opposed to human global warming as you proclaimed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Event Horizon

Quote from: methdeez on January 26, 2007, 11:56:43 AM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 26, 2007, 11:49:58 AM

F U for making me go back and look for it:
"No. I think the evidence suggests that the global distribution fossils could only occur by events described in the Bible. Far from dinosaur, or any other, fossils being a trick, they corroborate the testimony of the Scripture. The fossil record is a defense"

You are a idiot.

Where is there a claim that dinosaurs prove the existence of jesus? Try again.

Quasimoto

No one can deny this photographic evidence of Jesus riding a dinosaur. 

Event Horizon

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2007, 11:58:03 AM
By transporting warmer water to Europe and the North Atlantic, the region's climate was significantly heated, leading to a 1,000-year-long climatic shift known as the Bølling-Allerød warm interval. Once the process of warming the North started, the main deglaciation began and the ice age ended.

i want the evidence that we are NOW in a natural global warming period due to us being X amount of years away from an ice age as opposed to human global warming as you proclaimed

It does show that the globe warmed and ended the ice age long before humans burned fossil fuels. Therefore, the current deglaciation is not proof of human agents cause because something similar has happened in the recent past.

Besides, there are much larger forces at work and human created CO2 is the least, even marginal.

ice grillin you

god is a killer from the start.....why you think noah had to build his ark...and god is a man from his feet to his hair...why you think they say aMEN after each and every prayer....i just stare at the church man....spendin more money on the church band

believe it one day these babies will uprise....much more than bowties bean pies and kickin knowledge at the 7-11....and they wont call me a ni***r when i get to heaven
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

methdeez

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 26, 2007, 12:07:19 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2007, 11:58:03 AM

It does show that the globe warmed and ended the ice age long before humans burned fossil fuels. Therefore, the current deglaciation is not proof of human agents cause because something similar has happened in the recent past.

Besides, there are much larger forces at work and human created CO2 is the least, even marginal.

First of all, Quasi - Greatest picture ever.

2nd, don't you deniers all feel much more secure being in the same boat with Event horizon here?
You should all start your own little anti-evolution messageboard. Or maybe a new flat-earth society! That would fill the days quite nicely... so lonely...

Diomedes

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 26, 2007, 11:54:08 AMJust felt he could have emphasized some solutions a little more in the actual film. It wouldn't have been hard to cut out some of his childhood memories out to make room.

Completely agree.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Cerevant

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 26, 2007, 12:07:19 PM

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 02:27:12 PM
350,000 years

Yes, it is cyclic.  No, the current trend is not typical of the cycle.  (Hint: the red line is the "oh shtein" part of this graph)
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

mussa

Global warming is not true! Lets keep raping the world of its oil and other precious commodities! Lets keeping going to war for them and spending billions of dollars, killing people and wasting wasting wasting! Screw the green people, all they want to do is take away your ford f450, have gay sex and hook up your daughters with black men who have aids. They don't even believe in JESUS! The world wasn't created millions of years ago! Dinosaurs lived freely with man, in harmoney. Silly non-believers. Go turn on the 700 club and fox news and start soaking it in.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Cerevant on January 26, 2007, 01:03:10 PMYes, it is cyclic.  No, the current trend is not typical of the cycle.  (Hint: the red line is the "oh shtein" part of this graph)

It's not typical of the cycles implied on that graph. But it's hard to say that there isn't some larger cycle superimposed on the whole process that is way beyond the scale of that data.

Phanatic

In the end we're all just a bunch of global monkeys fighting for territory...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!