Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on January 25, 2007, 09:59:01 AM
i don't recycle, at all

sorry.

As you shouldn't, aside from Aluminum there's no reason too. It's big business.

Cerevant

Quote from: Wingspan on January 25, 2007, 09:59:12 AM
My house has both actually in some rooms. Like the kitchen, where I do use the swirly bulbs. But the family room, living room and basement are recessed lighting. I tried those swirly bulbs, but being on a dimmer switch, actually blew those lightbulbs out in about 3 months.

I have the same setup - look for the fluorescents that look like your normal bulbs, and check the package carefully - some are designed to be dimmable, and will say so on the package.  Not as nice as the normal ones, but they do work.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Cerevant

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 25, 2007, 10:01:50 AM

Link?  I just can't think of a situation where putting stuff in a landfill is a better option than recycling / reusing.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Don't you get it?  Cheaper=better.  Always.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

who says that when they take your recycling they don't just dump that in the same landfill where they put your regular garbage?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Cerevant on January 25, 2007, 10:07:52 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 25, 2007, 10:01:50 AM

Link?  I just can't think of a situation where putting stuff in a landfill is a better option than recycling / reusing.

Here you go Please watch the entire episode and tell me you disagree.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Compact fluorescents are one of the easy things to do.  While they cost slightly more up-front, they more than pay for themselves with energy savings.  As a nice bonus, they conserve energy and last at least 5 years.

Cerevant

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 25, 2007, 10:11:31 AM

Sorry, I can't sit and watch TV at work, but I'm suspect of that the "facts" presented by a couple of comedians with an agenda (who's credibility has been questioned and who admit that one episode is completely wrong).  It is like watching Michael Moore - interesting, but you can't take anything he says at face value.

So, let's sum up:
  • Global warming is a myth perpetrated by the liberal media, hipipies and washed-up politicians
  • Recycling is a scam run by big business to extort exorbitant disposal fees while just putting the recyclables in the same dump as the other trash
  • Compact florescent bulbs are just a scam to make you pay more for lightbulbs which aren't as bright and burn out faster.
  • The best place to gain scientific insight into todays issues is "Infotainment"

What did I miss?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

QuoteSheila: Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
Sheila: No, blame Canada
Everyone: Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And flapping heads so full of lies
Blame Canada
Sheila: We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the damn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to farg myself!
Sheila: Well, blame Canada
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Copy Guy: They're not even a real country anyway
Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: heck no!
Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
Shame on Canada
For...
The smut we must stop
The trash we must bash
The Laughter and fun
Must all be undone
We must blame them and cause a fuss
Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!

SABAZZ!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Cerevant on January 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

Sorry, I can't sit and watch TV at work, but I'm suspect of that the "facts" presented by a couple of comedians with an agenda (who's credibility has been questioned and who admit that one episode is completely wrong).  It is like watching Michael Moore - interesting, but you can't take anything he says at face value.

So, let's sum up:
  • Global warming is a myth perpetrated by the liberal media, hipipies and washed-up politicians
  • Recycling is a scam run by big business to extort exorbitant disposal fees while just putting the recyclables in the same dump as the other trash
  • Compact florescent bulbs are just a scam to make you pay more for lightbulbs which aren't as bright and burn out faster.
  • The best place to gain scientific insight into todays issues is "Infotainment"

What did I miss?

All I asked was for you to watch it and get back to me...you didn't. I understand you're at work, so watch it when you get home and let me know what you think.

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 24, 2007, 09:14:20 PM
It's only supposed to be 66 tomorrow.  Time to break out the parkas.

It's cold and rainy in Daytona.  It was 47 farging degrees this morning.  I had two shirts, a sweater & a rain coat on when I left the hizzy.

I'm such a pansy ass. 

Event Horizon

Not only do I not recycle, I go around and mix up other people's recycled garbage. This is a tough planet. It can take it.

Father Demon

Quote from: Cerevant on January 25, 2007, 10:41:12 AM

So, let's sum up:

What did I miss?

Those links are funny.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.