Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

Quote from: rjs246 on January 23, 2007, 05:18:33 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Global Warming needs to eradicate us.  :-\
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hbionic on January 23, 2007, 12:33:07 PM
My contribution to the environment is that I recycle everything and anything I can....including the food I eat.  :paranoid

Recycling - aside from aluminum - is bullshtein. I don't feel like going into detail so just rent Penn & Tellers bullshtein (season 2 I think) to see why.

Event Horizon

Quote from: Phanatic on January 23, 2007, 05:21:26 PM
So why is global warming a religious thing anyway?

Not all of the righteous agree with you either.

QuoteIn another pairing of strange bedfellows, a group of evangelicals and scientists said last week that they will work together to convince the nation's leaders that global warming is real.

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/nation/01/23/23climatechange.html

Global warming isn't an issue. These evangelicals would spent their time much better trying to convince football fans that calling two consecutive time outs is really not a penalty. The Country might actually benefit from such an endeavor.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 23, 2007, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: hbionic on January 23, 2007, 12:33:07 PM
My contribution to the environment is that I recycle everything and anything I can....including the food I eat.  :paranoid

Recycling - aside from aluminum - is bullshtein. I don't feel like going into detail so just rent Penn & Tellers bullshtein (season 2 I think) to see why.

Yeah, it's a good episode.  We definitely get all our cardboard and aluminum.  Usually plastic.

Glass recycling is a farce, though.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2007, 04:54:38 PM
Quote from: Phanatic on January 23, 2007, 04:43:58 PM

Though I don't really like winter so let's wait a few more years.

I can't wait to sing Christmas songs like "I'm dreaming of a tropical Christmas" or for shopping mall Santas to set up shop wearing bermuda shorts and an island shirt. 

All you have to do for that is move three states south, Sarge.

I think that the high temp has been below 70 exactly five days total so far.  We've just had a stretch of about 2 weeks of 80+ highs.

mussa

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 05:16:41 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 05:02:52 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:59:07 PMHumans didn't order things from the beginning...
I see where you're coming from.  Next you'll tell us that dinosaur fossils were put there by God as a trick to test our faith.  This just gets better and better.

No. I think the evidence suggests that the global distribution fossils could only occur by events described in the Bible. Far from dinosaur, or any other, fossils being a trick, they corroborate the testimony of the Scripture. The fossil record is a defense, not an offense. Science does not hinder my belief. Actually, if causes if to flourish.   

Keep drinking the Kool Aid 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Event Horizon

Quote from: mussa on January 23, 2007, 07:19:43 PM
Keep drinking the Kool Aid 

What kool aid is that?

All of the sciences fit quite nicely. Much more so than the illogical, unscientific, protected evolutionary dogma of the religious left.

General_Failure

According to all the science/history books I've been forced to read lately, as well as been quoted at, this whole two polar icecaps at the same time thing is pretty rare for this planet.

And what happened to the global cooling they talked about in the 70s?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on January 23, 2007, 07:37:10 PM
According to all the science/history books I've been forced to read lately, as well as been quoted at, this whole two polar icecaps at the same time thing is pretty rare for this planet.

It's George Bush's fault.

methdeez

If you are unsure of who is telling the truth on an issue you just have to look at who stands to gain. What does an internation conglomeration of scientists stand to gain from stopping global warming? Not much.
How powerful are they? Not very.

What does the multi-kabillion Oil, Gas and Car companies (and the most energy-funded and energy friendly prez ever) stand to lose? A shteinload.
How powerful are they? Very.

which expalins why it is still even a debate, even after reams and reams of positive evidence. It is very similar to the Tobacco/Harmful effects 'debate' that went on for 30 years. Thier tactics are meant to cause confusion and to delay change so that they can continue to profit for as long as possible.

Now what explains numbnuts saying that dinosaur fossils could only be explained by biblical events and are further proof of the bible....
I really can't even begin to respond to that.

Diomedes

Quote from: methdeez on January 23, 2007, 07:42:06 PMNow what explains numbnuts saying that dinosaur fossils could only be explained by biblical events and are further proof of the bible....

I can: LMFAO.  And stay away from me, fundie freaks.  I'm armed if you don't heed the warning.  I'll send you to your Jesus faster than you can say "hippy."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: General_Failure on January 23, 2007, 07:37:10 PM

We just need a nice little nuclear winter to set everything straight.

Father Demon

Well, I just had my garage expanded so I could park my Hummer and my Expidition in it.  I don't need no goddamned acid rain falling on my new paint jobs.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 08:35:55 PM
Quote from: methdeez on January 23, 2007, 07:42:06 PMNow what explains numbnuts saying that dinosaur fossils could only be explained by biblical events and are further proof of the bible....

I can: LMFAO.  And stay away from me, fundie freaks.  I'm armed if you don't heed the warning.  I'll send you to your Jesus faster than you can say "hippy."

[test]hippy[/test]

Hmm.  Do I have to believe in Jesus in order for it to work? 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger