Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Southern Louisiana is facing a possible monster hurricane on Sunday/Monday.  I hope everyone gets out of there now because yikes.  The emergency mgmt folks I know are really concerned for them and for New Orleans if this thing rapidly intensifies. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

LA has been taking it on the chin the last few years.

Everyone here was on edge until that update came out yesterday.

Rome

Get the farg out of there.  140mph is the death zone.  15 foot storm surge lays waste to everything.  I've seen it with my own eyes.  Get out.  Now.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah we would've left if it was coming our way. I ain't fargin around with them big ones like that.

We are down in Surfside beach and while texas beaches up this way are a joke it's actually half decent right now because we have some rough surf. Normally the gulf is calm

Rome

Ida came ashore eight hours ago as a 150 mph beast.  It is STILL a cat 3 120 mph storm.  The devastation is already incredible.  I can't believe the eye wall is still intact.  Jesus...

PhillyPhreak54

Bro that mofo was sub 990mb as a Cat 1 before it blew up...that is one helluva storm.

New Orleans is in deep shtein again. They're without power. And the drainage, water and sewage systems are are the brink of collapse.

Munson

Got a friend living there, they evacuated to Beaumont with their toddler.
Hoping their house is still there and not underwater
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Ask them how long it too to make it to Beaumont.

I think it's about six hours of driving from BMT to NO normally.

When Ike hit here in 2008 I drove to San Antonio. A normal 2:45 took me around 6 hours.

Just saw where this storm actually made the Mississippi reverse flow for awhile. JFC

MDS

man id rather ride out the storm in nola than go to beaumont
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

True.

There's nothing to do in Beaumont.

Rome

I've seen bad storms before.  Dorian was worse than this one but not that much worse.  I've been through my fair share down here but nothing like Ida.   FEMA will be there for years now.

PhillyPhreak54

I bet we have 1-2 more that come up that power alley there off the Yucatán.

We are due for one. And if one threads itself up the Houston ship channel - goodnight Irene. The port of Houston is huge for the economy. I believe they move over $800bn worth of shtein through there. It would cause a huge economic problem.