Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Australia. They're fifteen years ahead of where the US is in terms of steady decline into fascism, jingoism, and corporate greed. They've had concentration camps for years, went through a decade-long drought, killed the Great Barrier Reef for a little profit, and now the country is on fire and they're still electing idiots who make it worse. You can't even say it wasn't what the people wanted because they have mandatory voting.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

I'm not sure that Australia has even adopted the Tier IV emission standards yet.

General_Failure

Queensland government was warned about risks of Chinese company's water extraction

QuoteQueensland government experts raised repeated warnings about the long-term sustainability of groundwater extraction at a southern Queensland property which has since been approved to operate as a commercial water mine.

The approval for the 96m litre a year bottled water extraction operation at Cherrabah – in a severely drought-hit area where locals are on water rations and communities at imminent risk of running dry – has raised significant questions about the oversight and regulation of critical water resources in Queensland.

Documents obtained by Guardian Australia show how longstanding concerns about groundwater security at Cherrabah were overridden by changes to Queensland law enacted by Campbell Newman's government in 2013.

Under the changes, the Chinese-owned company Joyful View Garden Real Estate Development Resort Pty Ltd was automatically granted a 94-year extraction permit at Cherrabah when a short-term allocation expired in 2017.

SD

Middle January, I took my dog to the park in shorts and a t shirt. Global warming is good.

General_Failure

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: rjs246 on December 28, 2016, 07:18:16 AM
I've been gone for a while, has SD admitted that he's been trolling everyone about climate change yet? Or is he still pretending to be a science truther while everyone freaks out about it?

Did I ever get an answer to this? I stopped checking in and I need to know if SD ever gave up on this stupid troll bit.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

i think hes done that but hes still trolling/quite serious about feminism
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

I still frequently piss on public toilet seats

General_Failure

That's a net positive for any seat that hasn't been cleaned all day.

Munson

https://twitter.com/dana1981/status/1410302158348582912
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1410432121710252037
https://twitter.com/emorwee/status/1410324793405083661

Incredibly frustrating considering how many people out there still believe human action doesn't cause climate change and the climate crisis is already here.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

phattymatty

speaking of birds, we have some disease going around the DMV area that making birds go crazy.  eyes are getting all crusted shut and they're running in circles and eventually dying. I found two dead ones in my back yard and it's pretty widespread where I live in MD.  scientists do not know what's causing it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on July 22, 2021, 04:17:01 PM
speaking of birds, we have some disease going around the DMV area that making birds go crazy.  eyes are getting all crusted shut and they're running in circles and eventually dying. I found two dead ones in my back yard and it's pretty widespread where I live in MD.  scientists do not know what's causing it.

Some more end of the world shtein.

Too bad that isn't happening to the MAGA dopes as well

Munson

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1425916272324263943

Yeah I remember up through like 2013 conservatives would allllways bring up that small cooling period as proof it wasn't happening.....oops