Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Still no consensus but the GFS & Euro models are leaning toward it staying off the coast.  We're getting pounded no matter what but if the eyewall stays out to sea, we might escape a total wipeout. 

The county just south declared mandatory evacuation last night.  I have a feeling we'll be next very shortly. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Cat 5 @ 180 MPH as of 11:00 AM.   It's at the Bahamas now and it won't reach us until Wednesday as a Cat 3.   It better turn east because if not there will be hundreds of billions in damage along this coast.   Thoughts and prayers aren't enough.  We're out of here on Tuesday.  Hope we have a house left when we get back. 

PhillyPhreak54

Jeez...this is a monster.

Hope it cuts that hard right up the coast. Best of luck dude.

Diomedes

When did :CF decide that all weather is climate change?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Tropical depressions not worthy of a new thread thread.

I hope it wipes this city off the map.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on September 01, 2019, 12:37:32 PM
When did :CF decide that all weather is climate change?

Posting in the exact correct thread really isn't a high priority for me right now.

Diomedes

Once upon a time, we kept things in good order around here.

Thanks Obama

Geowhizzer

I thought you wanted it all in one place... ???

Munson

Super intense hurricanes probably belong in this thread at this point. We know what's causing them.

The bahamas are going to be farging wrecked.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I don't know who is in charge of hiring the social misfits on The Weather Channel, but if I hear one more of those iceholes acting giddy over this...

General_Failure

Quote from: Munson on September 01, 2019, 02:26:32 PM
Super intense hurricanes probably belong in this thread at this point. We know what's causing them.

Sodomy.

Geowhizzer

The county that I live in (Collier - Naples) closed schools tomorrow.

The county that I work in (Lee - Fort Myers) just announced they will be open tomorrow.

Collier extends about 30 or so miles further east.  Although just about nobody lives there (mainly the Big Cypress National Preserve), it may just be enough to force their hands on the closure.

Right now it's sunny and hot.  Just like most every day.

General_Failure

Waterfront parts of Jacksonville got evacuated today. I'm 40 miles from those, so we're good here. I still need to pick up the last few things in my yard that'll blow away tomorrow.