TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

word.  they're all so hatable yet I root for them.

MDS

shiv looks thiccer this year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

ya I said the same thing.  corona lbs. she still sexy as farg though.

phattymatty

tnt nba show is literally the best show on television.

they just had drew Carey name 5 players and Charles had to ask what team they played for.  he went 0-5.  and that's why he's the best.

MDS

only murders in the building was surprisingly very good

felt like a forgettable streaming show but they crushed it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2021, 04:15:10 PM

Been waiting for a review. Next on my list.

Eagles_Legendz

Squid Game was ok.

I liked Midnight Mass.  Not scary but I think the most emotional of the 3 Netflix Flanagan shows.  I still don?t think he?s ended any of them particularly well but I liked the rest.

SD

Quote from: TAFKASD on October 20, 2021, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2021, 04:15:10 PM

Been waiting for a review. Next on my list.

This was great. Compelling who done it with a comedic spin.

Beadie from the Wire was good as was the whole cast

ice grillin you

Did someone say the wire?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Is Leftovers a top 5 HBO show?

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 27, 2021, 10:25:57 AM
Is Leftovers a top 5 HBO show?

Wasn't a fan but can't see it topping these 5
The Wire
Sopranos
Game of Thrones
Succession
Band of Brothers

There's a bunch of shtein I have no desire to watch but is very popular (sex and the city)

ice grillin you

band of brothers doesnt count...ive never heard of succession and game of thrones cant be taken seriously...im not even saying its top 5 but its better than those three

its not as good as deadwood wire sopranos for sure...i cant remember all their shows so i dont know if there is two more that are better

MDS

what barometer are we going with here...like your personal opinion?

in a general sense it would be wire-sopranos-sex and the city-game of thrones for sure. those are their 4 most popular, iconic shows. i personally dont like 2 of them but im in a minority on that.

last spot, curb-succession-larry sanders. i dont think deadwood lasted long enough to get here.

id *personally* go wire, sopranos, leftovers, deadwood, curb.

QB Eagles

Thought the rep of Band of Brothers was actually hurt when The Pacific came out. The Pacific was very uneven and a bunch of episodes worse than anything in BoB, but the high points showing the sheer horror of the Pacific War were on a plane beyond anything in Band of Brothers and made BoB seem kinda hacky in comparison.

ice grillin you

i never saw the pacific but thought band of brothers was great...its just not a tv series in the true sense of the word...thats why i dont count it

Quote from: MDS on October 27, 2021, 01:09:50 PM
what barometer are we going with here...like your personal opinion?

in a general sense it would be wire-sopranos-sex and the city-game of thrones for sure. those are their 4 most popular, iconic shows. i personally dont like 2 of them but im in a minority on that.

last spot, curb-succession-larry sanders. i dont think deadwood lasted long enough to get here.

id *personally* go wire, sopranos, leftovers, deadwood, curb.

is sex and the city really that much bigger than entourage??...they more or less seem like the same show but an east coast one for gals and a west coast one for doods...each seemed equally big in the tv lexicon at their respective times...also both had zesty movies...etc...maybe sex and the city gets an edge because it came first but i dont see much separation between the two to the point where sex and the city is an auto hbo mount rushmore and entourage isnt