TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Few episodes into "Manifest". A commercial flight goes through turbulence, they land and it's 5 years later. The passengers start experiencing things. It's sort of Lost minus the island. The acting is mediocre at best and they try too hard to make you care about the people's personal and family drama.

PhillyPhreak54

That premise sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

We started The Outsider on HBOMax and its pretty good so far. We're only three eps in.

phattymatty

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 14, 2021, 07:45:34 AM
Few episodes into "Manifest". A commercial flight goes through turbulence, they land and it's 5 years later. The passengers start experiencing things. It's sort of Lost minus the island. The acting is mediocre at best and they try too hard to make you care about the people's personal and family drama.

I started watching over the pandemic and the acting somehow gets even worse as it goes on.  I'll still watch it every now and then if it's 3am and I can't go to sleep but I find it pretty terrible and I don't know why I ever watch it.

MDS

passed by some security guard at fitler square park
me: what are they doing here?
her: shooting the third season of that show, servant (which has been all over the area the past few months)
me: ahhh, theyre always shooting. and i dont even know anyone who watches it.
her: the cast and crew dont even watch it

its always sunny shoots 1 scene and its a zoo...these people are everywhere and nobody cares and for good reason
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Two questions:
1.  Is this scraping the bottom of the barrel, or am I just that damn old?
2.  Can we get Todd on this show?

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1407669776969715718

Rome

It's stupid and you're also old AF.

MDS

im both too smart and too ugly to go on those shows
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

mad old but came across it today and still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-6K2CjJ6dk

ice grillin you

this is probably old news
but ive never heard of the show until today and everyone else here has probably seen it but im on episode 4 of the carla gugino show jett....man is it really good in a out of sight oceans 11 fabulous pulpy goodness way...highly recommend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2021, 09:00:28 PM
this is probably old news
but ive never heard of the show until today and everyone else here has probably seen it but im on episode 4 of the carla gugino show jett....man is it really good in a out of sight oceans 11 fabulous pulpy goodness way...highly recommend

finished this...so much friggin fun....hopefully someone makes a S2

ice grillin you

the chair is really good and farging hilarious

phattymatty

I've heard people shteinting on S2 of ted lasso but I thought it was great, maybe even better than first season.

SD

Bout 6 episodes into the squid game on Netflix. Good enough so far to keep you watching

Friends been telling me for years to watch Animal Kingdom. It's on prime so I'll probably check that out next

SD

Midnight Mass - Matt Saracen (FNL) is one of the main characters. Created/produced/directed by Mike Flanagan the same guy who made Haunting of Hill House. I'm not a huge fan of this horror genre (purposely not specifying because it would be a spoiler) but this series gives it a different twist. It's a little slow moving at first and there's a ton of religion but it's for a reason and plays perfectly into the plot. The crazies at the end remind me of Trump supporters.

SD

Succession - solid opener for the best show on television