the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Speaking of work...both of my nearby home depots had zero half inch drywall.  Like, not a single sheet.  Three eights, quarter, and 5/8 fire...all normal stock but none of the 1/2".  Strange site to see empty racks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on October 07, 2021, 09:02:32 PM
Speaking of work...both of my nearby home depots had zero half inch drywall.  Like, not a single sheet.  Three eights, quarter, and 5/8 fire...all normal stock but none of the 1/2".  Strange site to see empty racks.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Supply chains are still all farged up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

shtein ain't gonna get any better any time soon.

I got my ocean freight report today and the amount of container ships anchored off port and the amount of cargo stacked on the ports bc of a lack of trucking is ridiculous.

SD

About halfway through these cases. The innocence project digs up old cases for convicts who were convicted based off shotty evidence. They petition the courts for the evidence and do dna tests to clear the wrongfully convicted. The convictions based off bad/corrupt police work, unsure eyewitnesses and circumstantial evidence is a disgrace. I watched a documentary on Michael Morton and that is how I found it. If you like Investigation Discovery stuff this is right up your alley.

https://innocenceproject.org/cases/michael-morton/

All their overturned cases
https://innocenceproject.org/all-cases/

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Diomedes

I mean, I vote against any politician or rule that promotes, condones, or invites vigilante justice...but when it happens in the wild, I can't say I'm too upset about it

ice grillin you

the most surprising thing about that story is that it didnt take place in florida
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

from r/Baltimore

QuoteOverheard at CVS on eager and Charles

"And to be honest I'm glad she told me rather than letting it go on. But she had always been bi-curious. One time she said she really wanted to go to Hooters. I tell her 'yo this is Baltimore, there's a corner store on every block with good chicken why you wanna go to hooters?' She said 'I wanna try the wings!' So I thought she's either testing me to see where my eyes go, or we lookin at the same thing. We go...she gets the salad. Doesn't even finish it. That's when I knew.

:-D :-D

Diomedes

A bagel is just an excuse to eat 3 oz. of cream cheese.

To conclude:  bagels rule.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on November 17, 2021, 07:50:33 AM
A bagel is just an excuse to eat 3 oz. of cream cheese.

To conclude:  bagels rule.

if you find a place that does them right bagel breakfast sandwiches are sooooo damn good

i think they have a couple of locations but i go to the one in severna park called uber bagel that makes the best sausage egg and cheese bagel ive ever had outside of nyc
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I rarely do fast food anymore but had a sausage McMuffin with egg today because I was next door to a Micky ds.  definitely the best fast food item in history of fast food. ]

also yes bagels by themselves are overrated. 

PhillyPhreak54

love an everything bagel with cream cheese

and if I do grab some chain fast food breakfast the mcgriddle's are my jam at McD's

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on November 17, 2021, 02:40:45 PM
I rarely do fast food anymore but had a sausage McMuffin with egg today because I was next door to a Micky ds.  definitely the best fast food item in history of fast food. ]

also yes bagels by themselves are overrated.

Sausage McMuffin is the best hangover sandwich ever

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 17, 2021, 04:48:42 PM
love an everything bagel with cream cheese

My daughters go to breakfast is everything bagel with Philly cream cheese chive or veggie. That's my every Saturday breakfast.