the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

You should throw in some kale and cabbage for some real variety with that broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts. Maybe some kohlrabi if you're feeling adventurous.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on November 24, 2021, 10:02:31 AM
You should throw in some kale and cabbage for some real variety with that broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussel sprouts. Maybe some kohlrabi if you're feeling adventurous.

Cabbage is a great idea I've never considered. Kale I just don't like the taste even with salad dressing.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

ridiculous how hot goldie hawn was in the late 70's early 80's

MDS

a indecipherable archived linked and an out of left field boner for 1970s goldie hawn

how drunk is ya mans rn
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

foul play is wild....goldie hawn picks up a rando guy on the side of the road whose car is broken down with the intention of farging him

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Logging in pretty late in the day, but I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays.

MDS

im supposed to be en route to puerto rico right now but my flight was canceled 30 minutes before boarding because there werent any flight attendants.

there were 2 poor staffers having to handle hundreds of angry customers, some of whom had dead connecting flights or needed hotels and what not since this was the last flight out of the night. managed to get re-booked on a different flight tomorrow night, so basically burned a day of my trip.

some serious first world problems going on here and i demand sympathy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

MDS

spirit...im taking frontier back which should be fun. the flights were insanely cheap...like less than 3 bills total for a pretty busy time of year and not a super cheap flight. i knew thered be issues but couldnt pass up the deal. ah well.

i felt terrible for these gate agents who had to be there and run through hours of bullshtein with each person. and they couldnt even sit down. they had to stand all damn day, for what, $15 an hour? less? its inhumane.

my flight tomorrow is now american so i have moderate confidence thatll happen

Eagaholic

I got to have an unexpected visit to B'more a few days ago. I was expecting DC. But the pilot came on and said something along the lines of "we have a hydrolics problem. Out of an abundance of caution we are being diverted to Baltimore because we need a longer runway. Also, if you see firemen when we land don't worry, they're just there for a routine inspection." And then they seemed to really gun the engines on our approach instead of decelerating, which was weird. Maybe it was just the for wicked turbulence we were about to go through.

I was sitting even with the wing so I looked out to see if we were going to start dumping fuel. I'd been through that drill before on a trip back from the Middle East a couple years after 9/11. They pulled a suspected terrorist off board before takeoff. Unfortunately they didn't think to take his luggage out as well. FAA refused us entry into United States air space so we had to find an airport that would accept us and could also land a jumbo jet. Fortunately the Brits are always up for lending a helping hand, so Manchester it was. Dumping the fuel to get rid of excess weight looked like something a lot more than a garden hose and a bit less than a fire hose, shooting out of the end of the wing. I felt more relaxed when I didn't see that, and later realize, when we were only a couple thousand feet above the ground, and they still hadn't given us the command to assume the crash position and kiss our ass goodbye. But it still gave me pause while landing to see a fleet of fire trucks with lights ablazing, pulling out after us as we came to a stop on the runway.

They took us to the gate right next-door after we came in, and put us on a nice 737 800 series. I wasn't sure if it was the 737 MAX version or not, the one that got grounded a while back after two planes crashed within a few months with 400+ deaths. But the crew was very nice about it all, and it had that nice new plane smell. A few passengers ditched it in Baltimore causing a lengthy delay but no prob, in a jiff we were back up and into the same severe turbulence we landed through, and then on to DC with an otherwise unremarkable trip.

Diomedes

Quote from: Eagaholic on December 27, 2021, 03:06:20 AMI got to have an unexpected visit to B'more a few days ago.

If you get stranded here in the future, let me know.  I'll buy you drinks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger