the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I've been trying out youtube premium for free the last few months. It's fine if you're watching on devices that don't have an adblock.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1445058116765327364

Facebook and all its apps are down and it sounds like it's gonna be a while so of course Twitter is having a lot of fun with it
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

I recently deleted Facebook off my phone and it's one of the better decisions I've made in a while.

Diomedes

I didn't know anything was down until now.  Pretty colossal outage.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Me too.  Been gone for a while, Matt.  I refuse to contribute another cent into Zuckerberg's Nazi piggy bank. 

SD

Deactivated fb in May. Reactivated last week to send invites to my daughters bday party. Deactivated again today. What a cesspool.

Rome

A woman I used to work with has a daughter who rides bicycles competitively.  She went on an unhinged transphobic rant about her poor daughter not being able to compete against "those" people.  It kinda segued into a fairly obnoxious rant against liberals (from her friends, not her) and which then turned anti-gay.

I sent her a text alerting her to this downward trajectory and she replied that there's nothing *she* could do about it.

I reminded her that some of her daughter's friends are definitely gay or lesbian and they will read that bullshtein or at least be made aware of it. 

She didn't give a shtein.  She said I was too PC and basically told me to unfollow her if I didn't like it.

That's Facebook in a nutshell.  It's high school boomers and gen-Xers acting the same way they did 35 years ago. 

That's the bad news.  The good news is when someone tells you who they are on social media, believe them and move the farg on. 

Diomedes

I love the Mrs. Meyers "basil" scented soaps. 

I suspect the people who market scents of black magic fargery.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I'm just gonna have a conversation with myself here.

Today and yesterday I spent putting everything business related into quickbooks, a chore I've been procrastinating for far too long....I still need to make journal entries for cash sales, etc, but my bank statements have all be reconciled and I'm pleased  with myself thank you very much.

phattymatty

honestly that kind of shtein and organizing things is calming for me.  I moved to murrland this year and as I unpacked shtein, other than birth certificates and the few things that I need originals for, I have scanned and shredded almost every single piece of paper that I've accumulated over the last 20 years.  keep it on an external with a backup. feels good.

Rome

I remember a time when you'd regale us with stories of doing eight-balls off the naked asses of Nicaraguan hookers, Matt. 

Now this. 

Heartbreaking, man.  Just heartbreaking.

phattymatty

I did an eight ball recently if it makes you feel better.  but it was on a picnic table in a nice suburban backyard.

Rome

Sure, sure... that's fine.  Still miss the Surf Nicaragua stories, though. 

phattymatty

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on October 07, 2021, 10:55:09 AM
honestly that kind of shtein and organizing things is calming for me.  I moved to murrland this year and as I unpacked shtein, other than birth certificates and the few things that I need originals for, I have scanned and shredded almost every single piece of paper that I've accumulated over the last 20 years.  keep it on an external with a backup. feels good.

Same.

I'm neat and organized so what you and Dio did I'm the same.

I like things condensed and organized and a clean house. Work has been kicking my ass all year especially lately. Came home Monday and cleaned the house bc it was calming.