Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on April 02, 2022, 10:14:32 PM
Death On The Nile wasn't bad.  Gal Gadot might be the worst actress in history.

Ronda Rousey, and it isn't even close.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

The eyes of Tammy Faye - Chastain crushed the role of Tammy Faye. Movie has some of the most awful people in history. Jerry Falwell (rot in hell)...Pat Robertson...Jim Baker. Tammy Faye was no saint but they do a good job of portraying her as a half decent person. Good showing of stupidity and followers that helps explain why morons follow idiots like trump

Wework- more of a movie Doc then a movie. I still don't understand the business model. I'm sure if I did enough research it would make sense but I just don't care that much. Falls in line with fraud like FYRE, Theranos, Russian MAGA whore etc.

Rome

Watched the doc Tony Hawk: Until The Wheels Fall Off tonite. 

The guy is the greatest of the greatest to have ever done it but skating is an activity that eventually wrecks your body.  It has mine to a large extent. Most of the farged up shtein I'm dealing with now is because of skating when I was younger.  Knees, arthritis in your joints, breaks, cuts, scrapes... they all eventually catch up with you. 

Anyway, I loved it.  His "farg it, I'm going" attitude is incredibly inspiring to me.   Gives me a glimmer of hope, actually.

A+

SD

Doctor Strange and the multiverse of madness - another solid chapter in the mcu. If you watched Wandavision it's essentially the sequel

ice grillin you

top gun - exceeded my already really high expectations.  It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but it was close to a perfect movie in terms of just pure entertainment and execution and will be forever rewatchable

8/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Nice.

We're going to see it Sunday night.

phattymatty

Ambulance. 

Definitely top 3 worst movies I've ever watched. Was still kinda fun and brainless but holy shtein I though jake was a respectable actor.

PhillyPhreak54

Top Gun was really good. We enjoyed it a lot.

Loved Teller as Goose's kid

SD

Top Gun - was I the only one laughing at the fact they had to replace Mcgillis with Connelly (still a smoke bomb) because the former let herself go? Probably. I tried rewatching the original but it's so corny (with admitted moments of greatness) that I didn't make it through. As far as sequels go they did as good as possible with this story and movie. Where other reboots fail they managed to bridge the gap with those discrepancies.

phattymatty

Hustle is out on Netflix today.  Can't wait to see our sweet boys acting debuts.

ice grillin you

hustle - pretty damn good or at least way better than i thought it would be.....great philly shots but really what is best about it is that its just one gigantic love letter to the game of basketball....the amount of basketball people who show up in it is actually staggering...way too long but still probably sandlers first good movie since the 90's

meltdown: three mile island - very well done documentary on the infamous nuclear plant...i knew there was all kinds of corruption and lies and scandal during the aftermath but this really takes inside it thru the eyes of this one particular guy....it gets slow here and there but its definitely worth a watch if you are interested in the topic

7.5/10

PhillyPhreak54

I enjoyed Hustle more than I thought I would too.

Loved seeing so many city shots and the pro cameos.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 09, 2022, 02:28:03 AM
I enjoyed Hustle more than I thought I would too.

Loved seeing so many city shots and the pro cameos.

Has there ever been a movie with that many cameos? They went heavy. Definitely worth the 2 hour watch

Also why wasn't Jo in the movie? He's referenced in a trade rumor

phattymatty

Quote from: TAFKASD on June 12, 2022, 12:19:32 AM
Has there ever been a movie with that many cameos? They went heavy. Definitely worth the 2 hour watch

Also why wasn't Jo in the movie? He's referenced in a trade rumor

I watched it tonight also and thought it was really good.  And rumor has it Jojo was initially supposed to be the lead over Juancho but it never panned out.  I'm assuming he was injured.  But yeah I did notice they listed him first at the end in the cameos and he was never in it.  Juancho was really good though. 

Between this and Winning Time lots of Sixers heavy entertainment this week.  Almost eases the pain of the Celtics winning in real life. 

ice grillin you

the fallout - great movie about a high school student dealing with the aftermath of a school shooting...I'd never seen her before but holy shtein the actress that plays her was amazing

8.5/10