2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Munson

Quote from: SD on May 14, 2011, 08:21:48 AM
Blanton vs. Jurjens today, what are the chances the Phillies are still in this game by the end of the 1st?

The Phils will get Blanton a 3-0 lead in the top of the 1st, then he'll prompty give up 5 runs in the bottom. can't wait
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on May 14, 2011, 12:37:13 PM
Quote from: SD on May 14, 2011, 08:21:48 AM
Blanton vs. Jurjens today, what are the chances the Phillies are still in this game by the end of the 1st?

The Phils will get Blanton a 3-0 lead in the top of the 1st, then he'll prompty give up 5 runs in the bottom. can't wait

Jurjens hasn't surrendered more than 2 runs in a game this season, I doubt he starts today

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 14, 2011, 10:12:17 AM
how drunk was the little mexican jew when he posted that?

:-D

very

and then the pre-bitching after blanton starts to prove my drunken rantings true. Romes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 14, 2011, 01:13:27 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 14, 2011, 10:12:17 AM
how drunk was the little mexican jew when he posted that?

:-D

very

and then the pre-bitching after blanton starts to prove my drunken rantings true. Romes.

And to answer your Tecate induced question of "how could it be infuriating" then I point to the first six innings today how they go without a goddamn hit forever. Last night was hit the ball all over in the 1st and then get shut down for 4 by some farging minor leaguer.

Thank God for Jimmy...but damn stay on 2nd dude

ice grillin you

this week fitzpatrick summed up the lil guy and his new battalion of youthful phillie fans perfectly

I have always believed Philly fans were among the toughest, most demanding in sports.

They rewarded and scolded the deserving with equal fervor. No player or team got a pass simply for wearing the home colors. They didn't worship. They respected.

There are knuckleheads afoot determined, with their childish devotion, to drag us down to the level of St. Louis or Memphis.

On Phillies telecasts, have you noticed the guy sitting behind home plate at Citizens Bank Park who occasionally holds up a sign that reads, "We Love You, Charlie M!"?

Has the Phillies' success really eroded our native skepticism to this level?

Once we took pride in our capacity to question any managerial decision, regardless of context. Now, like tittering schoolgirls, we compose the kind of brainless love notes you'd expect to find at military homecomings or Justin Bieber concerts.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

another old head elder who doesnt get it and wears his ignorance on his sleeve like a typical philadelphian

dont get me wrong those are my peoples, but i aint gettin worked up about this small time nl east

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 14, 2011, 02:58:05 PM
there he is, been itchin to do that for a while, right?

I should drive to Brownsville and stand outside your apartment and boooooooooooooooooooo you too

MDS

youd be better off driving to the gnc to give romero some more steroids

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 14, 2011, 02:59:17 PM

I should drive to Brownsville and stand outside your apartment and boooooooooooooooooooo you too

so he could tell you how "we" will get them tomorrow?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

MDS

in the least now baez is doing his best "cut me instead of stutes" impression

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 14, 2011, 03:05:50 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 14, 2011, 02:59:17 PM

so he could tell you how "we" will get them tomorrow?

Yeah all while wearing the throwback Lieberthal jersey.