Professional Football without Booze?!

Started by rjs246, October 13, 2005, 11:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

What is the world coming to?

QuoteWhen the New Orleans Saints play four games at LSU's Tiger Stadium, the bars in East Baton Rouge Parish will be closed.

The Metro Council refused Wednesday to lift the Sunday closure rule, citing feedback from residents.

"Every e-mail and call that I have received on the issue has been against this. My constituents do not want to become New Orleans. They don't want to progress in that way," Council member Martha Jane Tassin said.

Another opponent of the measure, Mayor Pro Tem Joe Greco, said he could understand why some Saints fans might want to indulge after watching the Packers defeat the Saints 52-3 on Sunday.

"I think you've got to be drunk to watch the Saints these days. It would be hard to watch them sober," Greco said.

Council member Mickey Skyring had proposed suspension of the bar closing ordinance for Saints' game days.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MadMarchHare

You just have to plan ahead.  It's no different in CT.
Anyone but Reid.

Tomahawk

Quote from: MadMarchHare on October 13, 2005, 12:17:02 PM
You just have to plan ahead.  It's no different in CT.

Except you don't have professional football in Connecticut.

U of I made an exception when the Bears played there during the renovation of Soldier Field.

Indianapolis (SUCKS) doesn't sell packed booze on Sundays, but you can go to a bar and get as loaded as you want.

Father Demon

Of course they only got emails and letters from the sober people.  That's just not a fair statement.  Drunks don't write, except to old girlfriends (which they regret when they get sober).

Duh.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.