The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Irma is so strong it is now registering on seismographs in the carribean

That's farging crazy

MDS

might be no keys after this
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

It was nice while it lasted.  Or so I've heard and read.  I don't go to Florida.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Monroe County (Key West) will be under mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning.  Schools closed until further notice.

Collier County (Naples) residents have been told to GTFO.  Marco Island is under voluntary evacuation, but are being told that no shelters will be available.  Collier and Lee (Fort Myers) schools are open tomorrow, but closed at least Thursday and Friday.

Have school tomorrow, but are doing what we can to protect the house and will head north tomorrow night or Thursday morning.  We haven't recovered from the flooding last week, and I am afraid that we'll be looking much like Houston if this thing pours any significant rainfall on us, on top of any damage caused by the winds.  My mother lives in northern Georgia, and we'll probably head there with the kids and pets.

MDS

good luck. take what you need and move back to the northeast. im here! j visits sometimes!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 05, 2017, 08:31:40 PM

Have school tomorrow, but are doing what we can to protect the house and will head north tomorrow night or Thursday morning.  We haven't recovered from the flooding last week, and I am afraid that we'll be looking much like Houston if this thing pours any significant rainfall on us, on top of any damage caused by the winds.  My mother lives in northern Georgia, and we'll probably head there with the kids and pets.

Good luck dude

PhillyPhreak54

Good luck to Geo and Romey...get your asses outta there.

The news just said it's like a 50 mile wide F5 tornado

My goodness

Rome

Still no definitive word.   I'm on call at the moment, but it's still so far out that no one really knows what's up, not even the experts at emergency management.  The latest consensus track has it skirting the east coast before barreling into South Carolina, but even if it doesn't hit us directly, we're still gonna get pounded.  They may start issuing mandatory evacuations tomorrow, but there's just too much uncertainty for them to do so.  If we get the word my girls are out of here and I'll head inland. 

ice grillin you

7am model tracks...one positive of this is that the tracks have moved east and show a whole bunch missing florida or at least not giving it a direct hit....where as just 24 hrs ago 95% were hitting it straight on....also its expected to "only" be a four when it hits and could be less as its hit its meteorological ceiling for how strong it can get and its a four right now

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Damn - its gonna make a hard right. I don't think I have ever seen a storm turn that dramatically before.

Hopefully it skips off the outer banks and then heads back to sea

ice grillin you

theres a Midwestern trough blocking it....same thing that happens to noreasters in the winter when they say we are getting two feet and it rains
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I was reading about how the perfect set up was in place for Harvey to pound us with all the rain. Two high pressure systems were on either side of it not moving and spinning at the same speed or whatever and that locked it into place.