The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Diomedes

farging spit out my coffee laughing on the pic with the jersey, icehole
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

why are they playing the national anthem at a county fair....and why at 11 PM
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

They play it every hour on the hour.  All people genuflect or die.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Motherfargers like that make me want to burn the flag; maybe that would help them understand that kneeling or whatever during the anthem isn't that bad

Rome

They make me want to fly to Montana and pay him a visit. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Dying old is an expensive trick in this country.

A colleague of mine just retired and is paying $1,200/month for COBRA until he and his wife qualify for Medicare.  It's insane.  I'm working for the rest of my days anyway, so it won't matter to me in the end. 

Geowhizzer

Went back to school this week for our pre-school training.

One of them was a session with the county sheriff's office.  During the training, they simulated several scenarios (with the help of members of the high school Ranger's program).  It included prop guns that sounded pretty authentic, and at one point they had the teachers "evacuate" the library, having to step over the kids on our way out.

This is what our society has devolved into.

Diomedes

I reject the argument is that this is the reality, so we have to train for it.

I don't accept that it's the reality.  It's the reality because we accept it.

We could change it.  Won't, yet..but we could.  Instead, we train teachers to step over dead children, and (no offense to you, Geo), they accept the logic and follow instructions.

Change will happen when average individuals in mass numbers reject the underlying logic and disobey.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous