2015 Fantasy Football - OMG your big league

Started by SunMo, August 30, 2015, 11:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

our all time record one week total is 168 and thats with IDP

before the nfl got all crazy with offense over 100 pts was a great week in our league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 27, 2015, 04:59:45 PM
any league where a team can score even close to 200 pts is stupid

12 team league, I'm over 200 right now

Lineup:
QB Ryan
RB Randle
RB Freeman
WR A Brown
WR AJ Green
WR B Marshall
TE G Olsen

Still have Mcmanus and the GB D to go. It's 6 pts. per TD pass. No flex. 3-0.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

PPR is the way to go, of course IGY doesn't like change.

Not a huge fan of 6 pt passing TD's but I get the logic behind it and my main league follows that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on September 27, 2015, 05:42:28 PM

Not a huge fan of 6 pt passing TD's but I get the logic behind it and my main league follows that.

It's only .5 ppr

The worst I'm doing in any of my 5 leagues is actually the political one on the EMB but there's no money involved so I don't give two shteins.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on September 27, 2015, 05:42:28 PM

The problem with ppr is that catches count for more points than yards. Megatron could have 3 catches for 100 yds and that's good for 13 pts, but Danny Woodhead gets 8 catches for 60 yards and that's 14 points. In what world does that make sense? 

I'm not a fan of ppr at all, but it seems to be a necessary evil these days. 1 ppr is ridiculous. .5 is ok, but I think ideally, if you're going to have ppr, .25 would be the way to go.

SD

I decided to sit Freeman in favor of Karlos Williams this week figuring there's not way he could repeat that performance.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Somehow, despite the fact that my first 4 draft picks are Shady/Murray/Dez/Pimp, I am about to go to 3-1.  Actually, it's pretty obvious how I've won 3 games....my opponents have massively underachieved each week and my team has been scoring right around it's predicted total.  I've done half decent on the waiver wire too, picking up Donte Moncrief, David Johnson, Carolina D, and McManus. 

Anyway... I'm up by a point and some change on my opponent this week and still have Russell Wilson and Ebron going tonight.  My opponent has no players left.  Would it be a fleshpop move for me to bench both players?  With my luck, Wilson will lose a fumble on the Seahawks 1st play of the game and get knocked out of the game, Ebron would get held to 0 catches, and I'd end up losing.  Smart tactic or full of douchebaggery? 

rjs246

I see no problem with benching them, but there are occasionally stat corrections after a week's games have completed. If you're only up by one there a tiny risk of being stat-corrected into a loss.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I used to think that the time Dio lost to me a few years ago when Phillip Rivers lost a fumble in OT, turning his 1.something pt lead into a <1pt loss was the worst way to lose a game, but notching up a stat corrected loss would probably be the worst.   

SD

Dude had Brees and Ingram and I was up by 40+. I'm up by 10 when the Saints kicker missed the fg sending the game into ot. Wound up losing by a point. To make matters worse I wound up with the second highest points despite having to replace an injured Luck and having Gronk on a bye.

SD

I have Calvin Johnson in one of my leagues. I want to rid myself of him. I put a trade offer out to every team in the league this morning to see if anyone will bite.