Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by DH, April 30, 2011, 04:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Those are starting to look like HOF credentials. SB doesn't hurt either.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2019, 03:59:51 PM
he wont be going forward....its denouement time

if he wants a monster deal and he should....he deserves it after being grossly underpaid...then see ya

but really I hope he does retire...hes a cte victim waiting to happen

Classic IGY. 

Rome

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1297540976282673156 20

He may not be *from* Philly but he *is* Philly.

Also:   He's a certified goddamn legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

IMHO in the NFL no one other than the GM can really be trying to tank, and even the GM needs an explicit order from the owner.

If you're not the GM, and you go out there and give less than 100% as a player or coach, you might lose millions of dollars, or lose your job in the NFL entirely. Your job status and your future salary directly depend on your performance. You're not going to go out there and intentionally suck so the team can draft a better replacement for you next year. As a fan it makes sense to root for higher draft picks, but not for anyone who is a part of the continually losing team.

Even if you are the GM, you can definitely set up a team to fail but Kelce explains what the team would think of someone actively farging over the current roster of players.

The NBA is really the league for tanking. Yeah there's a lottery, but one superstar can completely overhaul your team. It's also a more top-heavy draft than the NFL and easier to predict who can adapt to the pro game.

The gentler way of tanking is when you leave a guy like Adam Gase in place all year even though you know you're moving on. No one's out there to lose, but Adam Gase trying as hard as he can is still likely to result in losses.

PhillyPhreak54

I enjoyed listening to Kelce there.

And agreed with QB. The NFL is the hardest to tank in. Too many moving parts. You can passively do it like you mentioned with leaving a bonehead like Gase at the helm. And even he has limits; like Gregg Williams calling a blitz in the Raiders game.

Eagaholic

So, if I'm understanding it correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

ice grillin you

Fans: players can't quit in the nfl

Angry Fans: cut that guy cause he isn't giving 100%

also Jason Kelce is a farging moron
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

howie really is actually trying to win a sb this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

I'll be the idealist and say Howie is actually desperate to hold on to his job and will be fired if the team doesn't improve.

But hey, he's putting in work. They went from 75 mil over the cap to 35.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Rome

Diomedes

From what I hear, airports are hell on earth right now.

Rome

It's tomorrow so that's out.  I really would have gone if it was next week.

Dude is a certified LEGEND.