Random sports stuff thread

Started by Eagaholic, March 18, 2013, 01:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

That was one hell of a weekend in sports.

ice grillin you

what a farging weekend....

nba play in game plus 8 playoff games
a dozen nhl playoff games
45 baseball games
golf major
unification fight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

rafa/joker partyting like its 2009 right now
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

My favorite F1 driver won the Hungarian GP today. 

I will be accepting congratulations until the next race, on August 29th.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

I've watched four minutes of the olympics so far including mbb but phils Mets perfectly into the gold medal game is a pretty good night

SD

Used to coach football (6-8 year olds) 25 years ago (2 championships in 3 years). One of my best friends son plays QB for the team I used to coach. First game was today against Liberty Bell. We played Liberty Bell during our first championship run in 95', they were good but we beat them pretty bad. Their coaches felt we were running the score up on us. They told one of the parents on our team they're friends with they wanted to fight us lol.

Fast forward to this mornings game. LB went down by a TD in the 3rd. Their coaches kept mouthing at the refs about holding and "targeting" (these kids couldn't target if they tried). We get word games over, refs left because Liberty Bells coaches wouldn't stop running their mouths. Then their coach threatened to not have his kids shake hands because he said our team played dirty but I think his teams parents have him shtein.

Anyway little league football has really changed. Coaches are on the field the entire game and techniques, fundamentals and discipline are non existent.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: TAFKASD on September 12, 2021, 07:25:42 PM
Used to coach football (6-8 year olds) 25 years ago (2 championships in 3 years). One of my best friends son plays QB for the team I used to coach. First game was today against Liberty Bell. We played Liberty Bell during our first championship run in 95', they were good but we beat them pretty bad. Their coaches felt we were running the score up on us. They told one of the parents on our team they're friends with they wanted to fight us lol.

Fast forward to this mornings game. LB went down by a TD in the 3rd. Their coaches kept mouthing at the refs about holding and "targeting" (these kids couldn't target if they tried). We get word games over, refs left because Liberty Bells coaches wouldn't stop running their mouths. Then their coach threatened to not have his kids shake hands because he said our team played dirty but I think his teams parents have him shtein.

Anyway little league football has really changed. Coaches are on the field the entire game and techniques, fundamentals and discipline are non existent.

I worked out at the gym for the first time since the pandemic started.  On the way there this mornig I saw a bunch of soccer games going on at the park across the street.  Great!  Games are back, fans are watching, awesome!  So after my workout I drove past the park to check it out and all these little kids games have two or three coaches out on the field.  WTF!  If they're to young to understand and figure it out on their own maybe it's best they start when they're 10.  Watching these little 4-5 years old running around in fugure 8 patterns was ridiculous.  Go to the playground or the park with your pop or brother and kick, catch , toss the ball.  And yes SD these panzy ass coaches who make it all about them and their hurt ego.  This is why most kids burn out - start um' way to young and A Hole agro coaches & parents.  So many of the seniors we coach in soccer at high school level are burnt out by the pressure of club and travel teams.  We have coached probably close to 120 different boys the past 8 years, we tell the parents and boys 5 out of that 120 have gone on to play at the college level.  Do the math folks, odds aren't in your favor, so let's work hard, STFU, and let's have some fun.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on October 16, 2021, 07:08:12 PM

I worked out at the gym for the first time since the pandemic started.  On the way there this mornig I saw a bunch of soccer games going on at the park across the street.  Great!  Games are back, fans are watching, awesome!  So after my workout I drove past the park to check it out and all these little kids games have two or three coaches out on the field.  WTF!  If they're to young to understand and figure it out on their own maybe it's best they start when they're 10.  Watching these little 4-5 years old running around in fugure 8 patterns was ridiculous.  Go to the playground or the park with your pop or brother and kick, catch , toss the ball.  And yes SD these panzy ass coaches who make it all about them and their hurt ego.  This is why most kids burn out - start um' way to young and A Hole agro coaches & parents.  So many of the seniors we coach in soccer at high school level are burnt out by the pressure of club and travel teams.  We have coached probably close to 120 different boys the past 8 years, we tell the parents and boys 5 out of that 120 have gone on to play at the college level.  Do the math folks, odds aren't in your favor, so let's work hard, STFU, and let's have some fun.

My daughters softball team qualified for an 8 team tournament (it's a big farging deal locally). They seeded 2nd, games are all played today, you win you move on you lose you go home. They make it to the championship. Our team was up 7 runs, the opposing coaches get into with the Ump for who knows what farging reason...ump calls the game the other coach says fine I'll leave and let one of my assistants coach. He goes in the stands and the ump says leave the field or games called, so he goes to the top of this hill. Other coach gets into with the field ump. They were jawing at each other. Then the other teams parents starting jawing at the refs. Our pitcher stopped mid batter, infielders came in, she called the field ump over, the field ump yelled at the other teams parents to shut up. We didn't know what happened until after the game but the parents were giving our pitcher shtein for cheering. The girls 13 , extremely talented and one of the nicest girls you'll ever meet. Anyway we won, my daughter walked, K'd, singled and scored 2 runs...farg lower south.

MDS

what in the ever loving hell is wrong with people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 25, 2021, 09:44:45 AM
what in the ever loving hell is wrong with people

youth sports parents by and large are morons. I coached one year and one year only.

I ask myself on the daily how people can do xxx and it seems like xxx gets worse as time moves on. There is a case here in Houston that'll prob be national news soon. I'll post the link in the general section. One that has truly farged my brain up. And I used to work on death row and read what those guys did.

QB Eagles

Had a friend who coached girls' gymnastics. From what I heard I think that must weigh in near the top for dysfunction. The crippling psychological damage of both the kids and the parents was often on full display.

SD

My daughter had a soccer tournament today. Her team stinks but it's exercise and she enjoys the camaraderie. The last team they played were allowed to enter the tournament using older girls for some odd reason and they were clearly better. The other team was taking cheap shots...one girl in particular. A lot of the girls on my daughters team didn't want to play because the refs weren't doing shtein about it. My daughter took tae Kwon do and competed in a bunch of tournaments so rough play doesn't bother her. The girl on the other team grabbed my daughters best friend by the hair and pulled her down. Refs actually caught it. Next time down the field my daughter body checked the cheap shot artist into the middle of next week. The other team immediately ceased with the cheap shots. I've never been so proud.