Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 07, 2019, 09:55:38 AM
they could hire memphis' coach

penn st is a 2nd-3rd tier school. finishing in the top 20 and making a ny bowl is their ceiling. franklin does this. what more could you want. its state college not columbus.

What's your tier criteria? If it's top 10 they've finished inside the top 10 2 of the last 3 seasons and have been ranked in the top 5 a handful of times. They're a top 10 team this season and probably headed for the Rose Bowl. If your top tier criteria is elite team like Bama/the Ohio State they're definitely not in that class.

MDS

ohio st, bama, lsu, clemson are in a class and penn st is like 1000 rhythmic slappings behind them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

FSU made a huge mistake with Taggart and they rectified that shtein quickly.  They then set their eyes on the top guy available and (evidently) signed him to a requisite deal.

Elite programs do this. 

Geowhizzer

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Not sure if anyone's been paying attention but penn state has been murdering their 2022 recruiting class

up to number 3 right now and they just signed another four star guy today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I have not been paying attention to Penn State's recruiting campaign, no.

I consider myself a five star guy, for the record.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Amazing thing about penn state is they had the worst scandal in college football history followed by their icon dying and they barely missed a beat. They're still a second tier team who competes annually.

QB Eagles

The other thing that's pretty amazing is that the evolving story about Bo Schembechler sounds way worse than what happened with Paterno, and the number of boosters still trying to keep a lid on it seems higher too. The media also seems utterly disinterested compared to the firestorm over Penn State and Paterno.

I say this as a Michigan grad with no love for Penn State.

rjs246

The Schembechler thing seems legit awful but I'm really not sure anyone can say it's worse than Sandusky. Or even close.

Still. Watching yet another fan base/alumni group try to hush up some horrific football-factory-program shtein is a reminder that people are the farging worst.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

Quote from: rjs246 on July 16, 2021, 08:32:06 PM
The Schembechler thing seems legit awful but I'm really not sure anyone can say it's worse than Sandusky. Or even close.

I dunno man. The PSU cover-up charges have been basically thrown out by the court system and most of what Sandusky did was done after he was no longer employed there. The man himself was disgusting but the case against the school seems weaker to me than against UM.

Michigan was employing a guy who molested people for decades in the course of his job as a Michigan team doctor. Schembechler's own son told his dad he was molested by the team doctor, and Bo's response was to beat the shtein out of his son.

rjs246

Sandusky raped his own adopted son.

The institutional issues are real but given the bottomless layers of protection that these programs enjoy I don't think we'll ever be able to say that one horrific, systemic criminal coverup committed by a football program is better, or meaningfully different, than another.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Fair point.  It's a hard call which is worse, beating up your own child for telling you he was being molested, or raping someone else's child that's in your care.

I'm comfortable with calling both cases horrible.

But I have a gadfly instinct that wants to say some horribles are actually worse than others.  I mean, I can't put them on a scientific scale, but I don't go for the idea that once it's beyond the pale, it's all the same.  The depths are unfathomed.  The worst is yet to come.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger