Youtube Thread: NFL Edition

Started by Wingspan, February 08, 2008, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

reese125

holy shtein....that just tipped the embarrassment scale over on its side

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 21, 2008, 01:09:08 PM

Buddy's Watchin You

Luis Zendejas is the man

Mike Quick is smooth as farg.

I can't believe the Trashman got a verse.

phattymatty

thats the best thing thats ever been put on the internet.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 27, 2008, 11:42:33 PM

1989 at Washington (nice choke job Skins)

great find Ed, I'm gonna be up all night watching these.

There were a shteinload of Eagles fans at that game.

QB Eagles

So much classic shtein there.... thanks a ton, easy. I remember my heart pounding during that 4th and 1 game. Ray Rhodes' first year was a classic season, culminating with that decimation of the Lions. With a new owner and coach, and exciting young talent like Bobby Taylor and Charlie Garner, I really felt the team was headed in the right direction. Ray Rhodes was going to save us from the Kotite era. Little did I know the team was in the beginning of a death spiral that bottomed out much lower than those Kotite teams.

That was the last year of Fred Barnett and Calvin Williams. Randall went to the Vikings and eventually made the Eagles look stupid for putting the team in the hands of Peete/Hoying/Detmer. All the old Gang Greeners were gone on defense. Looking back that era was an end, not a beginning.

The era we're in now sure feels like an end. I hope I'm proved wrong again.  :-\

QB Eagles

By the way, check out the last Dallas video to see how ghetto Swoop looked in '95. Took a real long time for that mascot to gain any traction whatsoever.

MURP

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 21, 2008, 01:09:08 PM

Buddy's Watchin You

Luis Zendejas is the man

i cant believe I never saw that before.  best video ever.

Feva

1989 at Washington (nice choke job Skins)

The day I officially became an Eagles fan.  Randall was incredible in that comeback... won me a buck from my brother too.

1990 at Buffalo, part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4 (Cunningham to Barnett)

I was at that game.  Cunningham to Barnett happened in the opposite end zone from me.  Saw Randall get swallowed up and turned away pissed off.  Turned back around just in time to see the ball come flying right at me with Barnett and Williams settling underneath.  When Barnett came down with it... it was the quietest I've ever heard a stadium in my life.  Other than me, of course.  Too bad we couldn't have won that game to top it off.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

It was plays like that that made those days fun.  Cunningham was a unique talent - he may not have been the best QB in the league, but what other QB could have made that play in 1990? 

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 03, 2008, 12:02:29 AM

Wilbert's run -- original NBC feed

A friend of mine down here, a guy I work with, his Dad played LG for the Birds back then. He also coached Moats in college.