Why Peyton Is A Fraud

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 15, 2006, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2006, 09:13:36 PM
while peyton is a sickening individual stop comparing him to mcnabb...manning is a much better qb...if mcnabb played in the afc he might have never won a playoff game

its kinda sad when you have to rip on a hall of famer to make yourself feel better about your own qb

whats next youd rather have mcnabb than manning?

u have a good point about NFC and AFC.  Alot more competition in AFC.  But others stated well that McNabb's success in playoffs is alot better than Mannings.  Playoffs are what counts and oh yea Super Bowl Rings too. 

I think nobody is as good a pocket QB than Peyton.  Peyton doesn't have the ability to run though, which is a vital ability to have when you have zesty receivers and no run game. McNabb is the perfect QB for the eagles.  Now if TO was normal and we had a solid run game, I'd take Peyton Manning. He's just more accurate of a QB.  That is not reality and if Peyton was behind our o-line this year, working with no run game, receivers and a defense that was on the field 80%, tired and couldn't stop shtein, I find it hard for any QB to be able to get into the playoffs.

Peyton got pressured today bigtime, and I'm not saying McNabb could of done better, but the problem was that the team didn't adjust to what the Steelers we bringing on D.  Oh, that sounds familiar doesn't it.  Adjusting. Never heard of such a great concept.  It was wrong of him to call out his O-line, I agree.  He's gonna get hammered for that.  farg his little brother too, hes almost as gay as Delhomme. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

henchmanUK

While you may not think Peyton should have called out his o-line, at the end of the day what he said was correct. That offensive line stank and if the o-line aren't man enough to take the truth once in a while their Hoyda-arses shouldn't be playing in the NFL. That said, Peyton's nonsense on the last drive was awful. You get the ball back with 2:42 left and you run ONE FRIGGIN' PLAY before the 2MW?
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Rome

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on January 15, 2006, 11:45:48 PM
it is a team game.

either way you want to mold it,  manning 0 rings, mcnabb 0 rings.

Except Donovan has never had weapons like Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, etc. to play with like Manning has.  Give Donovan those three and he'd have a handful of rings on his hand by now.

hunt

would you trade mcnabb for manning straight up right now???
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mhunt on January 16, 2006, 08:18:59 AM
would you trade mcnabb for manning straight up right now???

Yes, but I'd probably regret it later, once McNabb shows how good he is with a real OL and offensive weapons.

SunMo

before everyone calls him a choker, let's remember that he had his team in position to tie the game, and that ass of a kicker choked. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 16, 2006, 08:58:44 AM
before everyone calls him a choker, let's remember that he had his team in position to tie the game, and that ass of a kicker choked. 

Bullshtein. That interception WAS an INT and a zesty throw by Peyton that SHOULD have cost them the game. McNabb makes that throw and everyone on here throws him under the bus.

Edited to add....here is a comment I know we'd here a million times, "The team almost won DESPITE McNabb's throw. That SHOULD have been an INT. He did his best to lose us the game but we almost won it anyway."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

it was pretty damn funny that vanderjerk missed the kick. :-D

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 16, 2006, 09:00:06 AM

McNabb makes that throw and everyone on here throws him under the bus.

he does make that throw, everytime they lose a playoff game.

SunMo

Quote from: mhunt on January 16, 2006, 09:01:10 AM
it was pretty damn funny that vanderjerk missed the kick. :-D

what was funnier is that when Pitt called timeout, Vanderchoke looked over to their bench and pointed.  then he proceeded to kick the ball just about sideways.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 16, 2006, 09:01:24 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 16, 2006, 09:00:06 AM

McNabb makes that throw and everyone on here throws him under the bus.

he does make that throw, everytime they lose a playoff game.

Oh, lets just ignore all of his playoff WINS then, I see.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

why did mcnabb's name get brought up in this thread anyway?  it has nothing to do with him. :paranoid

back to the original topic...manning seems to be getting buried in the media for his post-game comments...and deservingly so.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Peyton Manning is a lot like Dan Marino was in his playing days.  It's never his fault.  Well, when you send 4-5 guys out on a route and have 5-6 in to block 6-7, you better get rid of the ball ASAP, or you're farged.

P.S.  It would be nice to have a LB that could close on the QB like Joey Porter, and Troy Polamalu is the TRUTH.  He might be the best overall safety in the game, now that Dawkins is slightly on the downside.

hunt

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 16, 2006, 09:09:52 AM
P.S.  It would be nice to have a LB that could close on the QB like Joey Porter, and Troy Polamalu is the TRUTH.  He might be the best overall safety in the game, now that Dawkins is slightly on the downside.

truth.
pitt is tough...they always seem to be contenders no matter how many free agents they lose.