2005 Point & Laugh At The taterskins Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 20, 2005, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Ramsey Getting Booed

QuoteThe boos came pouring down from the stands by Washington's third drive after the latest errant pass from Patrick Ramsey. But on the taterskins' next possession, just when the 60,291 spectators at FedEx Field had seemingly tired of waiting for Ramsey to solidify his position as the starting quarterback, he turned the catcalls into cheers with his first touchdown of the season. However, Ramsey couldn't keep the cheers -- or the scoring -- coming during a roller-coaster performance in Washington's 24-17 preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals last night.

QuoteIf we can do what we did tonight without the turnovers, then we'd score a lot of points," Ramsey said. "And I think it's a successful night for all of us. But those turnovers killed us. It negates really what we did."

No shtein, genius. If any NFL team eliminates turnovers they'll score points.

So the taterskins fans booed Brunell last year and chanted for Ramsey. Now they've got Ramsey and they're booing him.

Since I expect numerous instances where we'll get to point and laugh at the Skins this year, I figured I'd crank up this thread.

Last place here they come!

Beermonkey

Damn you Phreak, I just came here to post that.

I have a feeling this thread will develop well this year.

dis12

sounds like other team's fans just may be paying attention to the way Eagles fans behave.  We expect good performance, and will cheer for it....but, make a few mistakes and you will see and hear our dark side.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

MDS

One of their idiot fans seems to be living on Pluto when it comes to discusing The Leg's support of the Skins.

QuoteDon't know about the rest of you but to me Theisman sounds like he played his entire career for the Cowboys. Everytime he's commentating he's dogging out the team that put his butt on the map. Wheres your loyalty Theisman?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Salisbury says the taterskins will struggle to win 7 games... 

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 20, 2005, 02:07:39 PM
Salisbury says the taterskins will struggle to win 7 games... 

So that means they will win at least seven.  :sly
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

WEST is GOD

The skins and the cowboys are both brutal. Both will struggle to win 7 games. The skins are horrible though. Campbell was the dumbest trade up idea.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MadMarchHare

Especially since they told everyone publically that's why they traded up.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 22, 2005, 08:56:18 AM
"Our offense rocks!"

:-D

This is my favorite:

QuoteAnd Carlos Rogers - welcome to the NFL. He needed that embarrassment, and I think Greg Williams set him up - and wisely so. I think he's going to have an excellent rookie year - as long as he's healthy.

They're basically saying their defensive coordinator put Carlos Rogers in a situation to fail to teach him a lesson.  Riiiiiight.  It's more like he was sadly the best healthy CB they had for the game.

Beermonkey

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 22, 2005, 10:38:09 AM
"Our offense rocks!"

This is my favorite:

QuoteAnd Carlos Rogers - welcome to the NFL. He needed that embarrassment, and I think Greg Williams set him up - and wisely so. I think he's going to have an excellent rookie year - as long as he's healthy.

They're basically saying their defensive coordinator put Carlos Rogers in a situation to fail to teach him a lesson.  Riiiiiight.  It's more like he was sadly the best healthy CB they had for the game.

That's the message board equivalent of tripping & saying "I meant to do that".

Rome

Quote60,291 spectators at FedEx Field

Ahahahaha!  3/4 capacity in a place where tickets used to be harder to come by than an honest politician.

I love it.

farg the Chesapeake Watershed Indigenous Persons!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 22, 2005, 10:38:09 AM
"Our offense rocks!"

This is my favorite:

:-D :-D :-D

"Hey Greg, what happened there?"

"Well Joe, I decided that the 9th overall pick in the draft needed to be taught a lesson. So I played cover zero, talked to Marvin Lewis and told him to throw the bomb on consecutive plays and voila...I taught our rookie CB a lesson. What lesson that is? I don't know. But it was nice to see him get smoked on back to back plays, wasn't it? Because getting burtn really instills confidence in the young guys!!"

Fargin moron ass Skin fans.

Sgt PSN

Wow.  Skins fan is beyond dilusional if they think that a coach was deliberately setting a player (a rookie at that) up to fail.  Show me a coach who intentionally puts his player(s) in position to fail and I'll show you an unemployed coach. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.