War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

It has been predicted that the new world war will begin in the middle east. What I'm predicting is that these wars are going to be cock-blocking the alien's supply for oil and they're going to drop a few planet invaders into earth and we'll all be forced to cut our sleep short or our shtein short so that we can go kick ass*.

* According to most movies..we somehow end up kicking alien ass because of a minor detail they forgot about and had millions of years to test but somehow left it up to an alien intern and he must have gone on his break early so he must have missed it. Either that...or tylenol is really saving all of us from all the bacteria that surrounds us.

Moral: Don't cock block the aliens.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Feva

[rjs] Nuke.  Them.  All. [/rjs]
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

Quote from: EJ72 on February 09, 2006, 12:07:41 AMHe sure doesn't seem as though he's interested in what anyone thinks.
He and Bush have a lot in common.  Both religious zealots.  Both don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.  Yay!!

Quote from: EJ72 on February 09, 2006, 12:07:41 AMI'm 50, so I won't be going either way.
I'm smart, so I won't be going either way.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

link

QuoteStrategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Teheran's efforts to develop an atomic bomb.

mussa

Iran is so begging to get farged up.  Hey, you get what you ask for.  And if its a 5,000 pound cluster bomb, than say cheese bitch. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MadMarchHare

They are asking for it.  And the question is why.

Americans get so psyched up to kick the ever-living shtein out of weak countries.  Iran knows it'll lose, so what's it trying to gain.  As much as I dislike Ahmadinejad, he ain't stupid enough to think they'll win a straight up war.  So what's he trying to get?  Knowing that would make this whole mess a lot easier to deal with.
Anyone but Reid.

Phanatic

Yeah he has to know he's going to get bombed into the stone age. Maybe he gets the young Iranian populace to back the religous government totally and without question as they unite against the ebil West lead by ebil America. Maybe he's counting on the fact that we don't have enough ground troops to start a ground war and the bombing does him an internal political favor. It is twisted and crazy, but these are Islamic extremists who riot over a cartoon after all.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

JTrotter Fan

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

I think if the US allows other countries in Europe to participate in strategic bombings it will look less like an invasion.  The US cant win a war in the Mountains of Iran.  The only hope you can have is that there was enough of a taste of freedom for the young iranians that with the new president trying to reverse the society back to older ideals, the populace will revolt.  They need a revolution. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

u can at least bomb them back to the stone age. viva los americanos!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 12, 2006, 01:03:07 PM
I think if the US allows other countries in Europe to participate in strategic bombings it will look less like an invasion. 

The Brits would be with us, but forget about the cheese eating surrender monkeys (French) doing anything other than bitch and moan regardless of the course of action.  The Germans won't commit either.  They all agree that Iran can't become a nuclear power yet they are unwilling to do anything about it.  They are more than happy to spill American blood to save their own asses...I say farg them all, and let and let Europe handle this one...its their farging turn to do something.

Or, we could just let Isreal do the dirty work again like we did in 1981...just make sure we have an alternative to oil lined up, because the whole region would blow up after that.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Seabiscuit36

from the State of the Union 2 weeks ago i was really suprised Bush stayed away from the Hamas election and the situation with Iran.  My thoughts are that rather than paint the US as heading everything up they would work behind the scenes.  If the US wants to stay out im fine, if the rest of europe besides the UK back out screwem.  Im all for lettin Israel showing the rest of the arab world how they can fight back. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MadMarchHare

That's crap.  Of course he stayed away from Hamas.  He sat and preached democracy, and look what his free elections got him.  A terrorist group for gov't.  He'd look like an ass to even mention them (I know he did, briefly, he couldn't have said nothing).
Anyone but Reid.

Seabiscuit36

a little testy are we MMH...I just said i was suprised that the speech mentioned nothing of Hamas or Iran.  Obviously someone in the white house is avoiding those issues.  I wonder why?