Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I stand corrected.  That is actually much better than the theatrical ending.  Wow.  (Seriously, wow.)

Rome

The movie still sucked ass but at least the alternate ending made sense.

phillymic2000

Liked this alternate much better.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Magical_Retard on March 25, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
me personally i did not like the ending because it just happened abruptly. the woman shows up and the movie kinda takes a turn from isolation/creepy to "lets wrap this movie up now"

well said...the movie died the second the dog did

something else i really didnt like was they were confused as to what they wanted the infected people to be...in one scene they are mindless alien like creatures...and then in another scene (AFTER will smith records that the infected "have lost all aspects of human behavior) the infected guy is sicking his dogs on will smith...this reasoning is why i think that alternate ending is ridiculous...theyve lost all aspects of human emotion yet this guy is in love with this other humanoid and lets will smith live??...and this is after will smith observes earlier that they are running out of food and possibly willing to come out in the light to find some...yet they have three bodies at the end and dont ravage them...ridiculous

the very end of the orginal movie is actually solid...its the last half hour as a whole that is ridiculous...like the irony at the very end of how will smith goes all out to save humanity by making sure the cure is protected but at the same time kills himself because without his family he has nothing to live for
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

one thing I never fully understood or maybe they just did a poor job of explaining it was, was he the one responsible for creating the virus? There was the scene where he was trying to get his family out of the city cause it was airborn, then they had him on the cover of Time as the savior or man who can save us or something.

SunMo

no, the doctor in the beginning created it.  if i remember correctly, they mutated an existing virus to fight cancer.  Will Smith's character was supposed to be the one man who could figure out how to stop it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah emma thompson created it from small pox

PoopyfaceMcGee

Magical_Retard

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 26, 2008, 12:39:48 PM
Elizabeth Banks signs on to play Laura Bush in Oliver Stone's "W"

I am really looking forward to this movie.

reading the article she is in a movie called meet dave and then another movie titled meet bill? what the hell?

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Magical_Retard

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2008, 08:15:51 AM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on March 25, 2008, 10:13:10 PM
me personally i did not like the ending because it just happened abruptly. the woman shows up and the movie kinda takes a turn from isolation/creepy to "lets wrap this movie up now"

well said...the movie died the second the dog did

something else i really didnt like was they were confused as to what they wanted the infected people to be...in one scene they are mindless alien like creatures...and then in another scene (AFTER will smith records that the infected "have lost all aspects of human behavior) the infected guy is sicking his dogs on will smith...this reasoning is why i think that alternate ending is ridiculous...theyve lost all aspects of human emotion yet this guy is in love with this other humanoid and lets will smith live??...and this is after will smith observes earlier that they are running out of food and possibly willing to come out in the light to find some...yet they have three bodies at the end and dont ravage them...ridiculous

the very end of the orginal movie is actually solid...its the last half hour as a whole that is ridiculous...like the irony at the very end of how will smith goes all out to save humanity by making sure the cure is protected but at the same time kills himself because without his family he has nothing to live for

it was not that they were confused but that they were trying to pack the book's message in. in the book nevell's character at the end realizes that this whole time he has seen them as creatures with no sense of intelligence, devoid of all human characteristics, but that they actually do think, care, love, and are still human to a level.

the book's big ending is that once nevell is captured/trapped he sees that these creatures are actually afraid of him because he has become a hunter and thus the revelation "I AM LEGEND". he has become the legend to them just as vampires/creatures are legends to humans. i think thats how the original movie was set up...or wanted to be set up because will smith constantly hints at the fact they are no longer human but in the end he realizes the main leader guy just wants his lady friend back....thats when he understands he was wrong about them.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

mussa

no country for old men - 4.5/5

legend - 3.5/5

got halfway through atonement and fell asleep. i was into it though for the most part.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room - more of a documentary than movie, brilliantly done.

ice grillin you

yeah that doc was outstanding...but maddening

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 11, 2007, 08:56:44 AM
enron: the smartest guys in the room - GREAT documentary on the enron collapse...i never realized how instrumental they were in the califronia rolling blackouts in 2001...sickening and fascinating all at the same time....only negative and it wasnt the films fault was that i wished it wasnt almost three years old...i would have liked to see it take you thru the trials and up to current day

SD_Eagle5

I was in Cali. during those blackout years and somewhat knew Enron was partially to blame, after you watch that documentary you come to realize they were 100% at fault.

ice grillin you

i probably read or heard that they were involved at the time but i had no idea who enron was then so it didnt register